6: The First Night

Sanaya looked at the big room with glass as walls for the bethroom. She felt hurt but was excited for her new life. She saw Daksh as a friend in their childhood or they could have been besties if he had time from her sister.

She looked around the room and stood across the long mirror, she saw her reflection admiring how beautiful she looked in bride's dress. She never knew she'd get married this young but her life was taking unexpected turns since Daksh's arrival. She felt happy about the change just because Daksh made her feel comfortable. But her brain kept reminding her again and again, this was not meant for you.

Sighing she opened the almirah which was just beside the mirror and took out a white shirt, since it was very long she decided not to wear anything under it since no one is home except her husband.

That word was enough to make her stop in her tracks. She looked herself in the mirror again and noticed her face, midline of her hair was filled with vermilion (sindoor, signifying that the woman is married).

She is married now and this is not her dream. It's all happening and it's all true. She sat on the bed thinking and suddenly went into a state of shock.

The knocking sound was heard, but she didn't seem to listen.

"Sanaya?" Daksh called out but she didn't open. He was worried he called out again, but when she didn't answer, he opened the door himself, surprised that it wasn't locked.

"Sanaya?" No response.

He saw her sitting at the corner of the bed still in her wedding gown, staring into space holding onto his white shirt, that was his second favorite. His heart felt something strange, he found himself feeling bad for her. But he's the one she married, this is not the time to pity her. He inhaled deeply thinking of what his mom said, 'To be a perfect husband, you must support my wife in her every battle.'

He closed the door behind him, and walked towards her, "Sanaya?" he called out slowly but gently. Her head snapped towards him, "Huh?"

He chuckled at her oblivious expressions and sat beside her, "You didn't change?" he asked smiling.

"Ah, no, I-I got caught up." she answered embarrassed.

"Tea?" he offered, Sanaya looked at him weirdly, " I don't drink tea." she whispered looking down.

"Really? But your mother said you like tea?" he asked again, but then Sanaya's shook her head no with a tired sigh.

"Oh, it's fine, have some coffee," he offered another mug which he prepared for himself.

Sanaya put the shirt away and gladly accepted, slightly bowing her head to thank him, he smiled as she took a sip of her coffee.

"Change and take rest after the coffee, tomorrow in the noon we will have some guests, to see Mrs. Malhotra" he smirked drinking tea.

Sanaya looked at him and nodded, finally smiling.

"Sanaya there's something I want to tell you," he said, Sanaya didnt look up but he knew he had her attention.

"I know about your problem with... men. I mean, about you being an addict..." he whispered the last sentences wishing to die on the spot for even talking about that topic.

Sanaya looked at him terrified with her eyes wide open as still as she forgot to breath, "D-Dont worry, I will help you in that. You can take therapies and counseling w-whatever you want," he said stood up panicking, putting the mug of tea on the bed.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry that I even started that–Shit!" he face palmed himself.

"S-So," Sanaya started and he stopped pacing around, "So you are n-not disgusted by this?"