six

"thanks for meeting me here" luke greeted when jude sat down in front of him.

jude smiled and put her purse next to her, "thanks for inviting me and plus its the least i could do since i basically dragged you to come with me to the park yesterday"

"well im kinda glad you dragged me to the park, it was fun and refreshing." luke smiled and continued, "the reason why i wanted you to come here was because i want to get to know you better"

jude raised her eyebrow in response, "hmm, really? you give off more of the shy vibe"

"i give off a vibe?" he asked chuckling.

jude hummed and picked up the menu, "yeah, i thought i had to be the one to always make the plans not the other way around" she replied not looking up.

"well, i thought so too but i decided i want to change. you know, to be more open to options and be more carefree"

at this jude looked up, "you think by hanging out with me will make you more outgoing and carefree?" she snorted.

luke blinked and shifted in his seat, "um, yeah i guess you give off the carefree vibe."

"luke, i literally just tried to end my life because i wasn't happy with myself and you think that i will help you change?"

luke bit his lip and clenched and unclenched his fists, a habit he does when he doesn't know what to say.

jude did a breathy laugh and put the menu down on the table, "calm down luke"

luke just did an awkward smile and saw that the waiter was coming over to them.

"what can i get you?" she said politely.

"um can i please just get a latte, what would you like jude?"

"i just want a muffin" she replied.

"a latte and a muffin please" luke smiled at the waitress who just looked at him weirdly and cleared her throat.

"um, okay your order will be ready in a minute" and with that she walked off, sneaking glances at luke and furrowing her eyebrows.

"what was her problem?" luke asked frowning.

jude cleared her throat and folded her legs, "i dont know, probably just had a bad day or something"

luke nodded slowly and waited for their order to come.

-

"here is your latte and your muffin" the same waitress said putting the latte and the muffin in front of luke.

luke thanked the waitress and handed the muffin to jude, "she could've just handed you the muffin, i mean your like right in front of me"

jude smiled "yeah" and stayed quiet.

-

when they were finished they left money on the table for the waitress to pick up and left the cafe.

the waitress saw that they were gone so she went to their table and saw that the muffin wasn't eaten and it was in a different place from where she gave it to the boy.