one

lower case intended

jude walked over to the bridge, trying not to fall over because of the trembling of her knees.

she gripped the hem of her sweater to stop her hands from shaking.

she didn't know why she was so nervous. she has planned this for months. she even dreamt about her death. so why was she so damn nervous?

when jude arrived she gripped the ledge and whispered "this is it." but she heard a coughing sound to her right.

she ignored it and sat on the edge, her legs hanging off, she breathed deeply and stared at the sky, then breathed out.

she was about to jump until she heard someone talk, "um" a deep voice said.

she turned to her right and glared at the person, "can i help you?" she saw a guy about her age standing next to a fallen bike.

"um, no but i was just gonna do what you're going to do.. um.." the guy rubbed the back of his neck and gave a small smile.

"i was here first, so go find another bridge to jump off" jude replied.

"wow, you really do want to end your life, huh?" he asked and walked over to her.

"well that's supposed to be the point of jumping off of this bridge" she replied raising one eyebrow.

the guy chuckled, "i know that, but like.." he paused and sat down next to her, "dont you wish you didn't have to do this, don't you wish that you could stay alive to prove people wrong, don't you wish that people didn't have to be such assholes, to the point in which someone has to kill themselves" he smiled bitterly.

jude knew what the boy meant, and she does wishes all of those things, but she can't back out now.

she already wrote her suicide letter. she already gave away almost all of her things to people.

but here she is, reconsidering her choice, just because of a teenage suicidal boy who she just met.

they both sat in silence, looking at the sky and wondering, when did they go so wrong? has life always been like this?

the boy broke the silence, "luke" then he coughed "i mean my name is luke" he smiled shyly at her.

she turned to look at luke and he was already looking at her, "jude" she replied and smiled lightly.