two

"jude?" he asked and smirked, "like the song by the beatles?"

jude rolled her eyes, "technically, my name isn't 'hey jude' so no, not the song by the beatles"

luke chuckled, "rightio" no one said anything after that.

jude could hear him humming the tune to hey jude.

she turned to look at him, and he was staring at the ocean underneath them, he was smiling peacefully and jude couldn't help but smile a little.

"tell me about yourself, luke" she asked him gently.

he turned to face her and tilted his head to the side, "what do you want to know, hey jude" he smirked.

jude once again rolled her eyes at the name, "anything interesting, i mean if there is anything interesting"

he just nodded and bit his lip as he thought of interesting things about himself.

"um, im 18" he started off. he looked up at the sky, "i live with my mum because my dad walked out on us when i was born or something like that" he paused for a second to think for another fact. he looked back down to look at jude and smiled a little, "my favourite colour is blue"

jude nodded and smiled, "mine is too, my favourite colour is blue too, i mean"

"that's basically all about me" luke informed her, "oh and im also depressed and suicidal" he looked back at the ocean.

jude thought of how could he just say that phrase with ease.

then she knew it, she aspires to be like luke someday. being confident about her fucked up mind but she also wants to help luke.

"so how about you?" luke asked interrupting her thoughts.

"what?" she blinked.

"any fun facts about yourself?"

"um not really"

"cmon please tell me" he begged, "i opened up to you, didn't i?"

"you didn't exactly open up to me but whatever" she mumbled, "well, i was born in New Year's Day"

Luke's eyes widened, "that's so cool!" he beamed.

"yeah, not really" jude replied, "um, my middle name is marie"

luke nodded and smiled, "that's pretty"
then he coughed and looked down, "i mean, that's cool"

jude smiled slightly and shook her head.

"that's about it" she yawned and pulled out her phone out of her pocket and looked at the time. "um, i better go home since my plans were cancelled tonight" she said and stood up.

"oh, i better go too but um before we part in our different ways.." he scratched the back of his neck and stood up, "can I get your number?" his cheeks slightly going red.

jude's eyes widened, no boy ever asked for her number before, "um- uh- yeah sure" she stuttered and opened her contact and clicked on her name since she hasn't memorised her number yet.

jude told him her number and smiled, "um, goodbye luke"

"no, don't say goodbye, goodbye means permanent, instead say I'll see you soon. so I can look forward to that day" he replied putting his phone back in his pocket.

"okay, i'll see you soon" she paused, "luke"

"i'll see you soon too, hey jude" he grinned.

jude smiled and turned around to walk back to her house.

Jude felt her phone vibrate, she quickly pulled her phone out to see who was texting her only to see it was an unknown number.

she read the text,

"i'm glad your plans got cancelled tonight, jude. i'm glad you're still alive. im glad i came to the same bridge as you and semi stopped you from doing it. and im glad i met you

-luke"

she turned around only to see a boy riding his bike in the distance. she smiled and read the text again.