chapter 1

"Hey! Gyutaro!! Come look what I found" the little girl shouted, waving her tiny hand in the summer air.

Standing there in the tall grass bare feet, he couldn't help but feel happy seeing her smile with the sunlight shining against her fair skin.

She was his bestfriend, family....and the one he secretly loved. She was his everything. He'd never admit it through, since he was afraid she would never speak to him anymore because of his unsightly facial featers, but that didn't mean he couldn't still love her. He just.... needed to keep it to himself.

Her friendship and presences was enough. Aslong as she stays by his side, it's enough.

"Yea, I'm coming" gyutaro said and hurried to her side. "look!look!" Yuno beamed excitedly, showing him the 'treasure' in her hand.

"Huh? What is it?" Gyutaro questioned, turning his head to the side, asif it would be better to see.

"Silly gyutaro, it's a shell!" She said gazing at the pretty thing. "U sure? Looks more like a rock" he laughed plainly at the girl for being so excited over a boring thing like a rock.

"Dummy, it's not a rock! It's a shell and I wanna make it into a necklace."

"And how are you ganna do that?" Gyutaro rolled his eyes at her Silly little wish.

"Umm well..." Her face became puzzled with frowning eyebrows. the girl struggled to answer not sure as to how she would make this shell that's similar to a rock, into a necklace.

"Thaught so, just give it to me and I'll figure something out" he said, giving in.

"Really? Thank you so much!!" Yuno beemed hugging the boy, making him happy.

"Let's go play in the water now" she begged, dragging the boy by his thin wrist. "Youre ganna catch a cold again" the boy argued.

"No I won't cuz the sun is still up, see" the little girl pointed at the early morning sun that gave warmth to the cold earth.

"Well don't come crying to me when you do" he huffed giving a cheeky smile with his crooked teeth.

"Yea yea" she continued to drag the boy with her. Taking off her clothes leaving her underwear, she jumped in the river, making gyutaro get water splashed on him.

"Hey, watch out! Atleast wait for me to get in before u wet me" the boy huffed taking his clothes off aswell and jumped in.

"Hehe, sorry gyu-chan" she apologized sweetly, making the boy's heart melt.

"Just don't do it aga-" he tried to finish until a full face of water splashed his face.

"Pfft, what was that?" She laughed cheekely, splashing the boy some more.

"So you wanna fight huh" he grinned, bending his back a bit, getting ready for a water fight.

"Bring it!!"

The girl splashed and splashed as hard as she could, trying to win but ofcourse gyutaro won in the end.

"No fair! You always win no matter what!" Yuno frowned getting out the water.

"That's cuz I'm stronger than you" guytaro cheered proudly.

"In youre dreams!" she fought, landing a soft punch on the boy's skinny chest.

"Fine fine, I'll let you win next time" he gave in, patting the girl's head with his cold hand.

The two of them kept playing until the sun was almost down, which were they're cue to head back to the village they most hated.

"It's almost sun down, let's head back" gyuatro suggested getting out of the water and putting his dirty riped kimono back on.

"Yea alright" the girl frowned, not wanting to go back to the place where people where.

Gyutaro stared at her for a bit before taking her hand trying to make her cheer up and forget those awfull things "don't worry yuno, as long as I'm here you'll always be safe cuz i'll be there to protect you."

"You promise?" The girl asked, looking up at the boy with concern eyes.

"I promise." He finished, intertwining both of their pinkies.

________________

Hope u guys enjoyed the first chapter and thx for all the support.

> chapter 2