🕯Into the Mines Pt. 8🕯

Yelina P.O.V

When I went into the mirror, I was transported into a forest with a little cottage. It was exactly like the scene from Snow White, with the river, bridge, forest, and cottage.

I was awestruck at the scenery. Never in my life have I been to a place like this.

"So this is Dwarfs' Mine.. It used to be prosperous, thanks to magic crystal mining but.." Deuce spoke, trailing off at the last part. This place must have been lively, I wonder what happened besides the mines going dry.

"Uuuuhh.. Feels like something could jump out..." Grim whimpered as he jumps onto my shoulder.

It wouldn't have been a problem if Grim didn't have his nails gouging into my skin. "Ow! Grim! Nails!!" I shouted as I immediately grabbed Grim from my shoulder, holding him in my arms, rather than on my shoulder.

"Oh, there's a house back there. Let's go ask them about the mine." Ace announced while making his way to the cottage.

I knew the place was abandoned, but I followed Ace. As we made our way to the front door, Deuce knocked and then open the door, "Good evening... I guess it's abandoned... It's a mess in here."

One by one, we made our way to the deserted cottage. Putting down Grim as I walked around.

"Puwah! I got a spider web in my face.. Peh! Peh!"

I looked over to see Grim with spider webs all over him, only making more of a mess as he tried to get them off.

"Here," I knelt towards him and used my shirt to get rid of the spider webs from Grim. As I finished, he looked away and muttered a quick 'thanks,' I smiled and responded "Your welcome," while picking up him again. I think it would be better for me to carry Grim for a while.

"Aren't the tables and chairs on the small side? Are they for kids?" Soon Ace started to count the chairs around the table, "One two... There's seven! So many!" He yelled in shock.

"This was probably a lively home when Dwarfs' Mine was thriving." Explained Deuce, I nodded in agreement.

"Most likely, it probably was a great home too..." I said, soon a pennant came into my view. It was black and white, with two rams facing away from each other in a shield. A crown slightly above the two rams.

'What was this doing here?'

"Staying here is pointless. The coal mine is probably our best shot at finding a magic crystal. For now, let's go check it out." Ace's voice brings me out of my thoughts.

Soon, we made our way out of the cottage and towards the entrance of the mine.

"W-we're gonna go in that pitch black hole!?" Grim yelled in fright, shaking in my arms. Even though I didn't show it, I was terrified, I was going to be facing 'that' soon.

"Ya scared? How lame." Ace teased Grim. Soon I felt the blue ear flame furball out of my grasp.

"Naaanh!? I'm not s-scared at all! I'm taking the lead! You guys follow me!"

"Hey, Grim! Wait up!" I yelled as Grim was out of my hold then ran into the mine. With Ace and Deuce following my trail.

Soon Grim started to slow down as we made our way into the cave. As I looked around, I saw precious gems still inside the walls of stone. How can a mine still be abandoned when there was all of this treasure here. It just didn't add up.

"Oi Angél! You can't run off into the mines like that." I looked at Ace with a surprised look. We didn't become friends until after the prologue in the story.