Part 26

"So, Gordy." Dean began in his cold tone of voice, looking over to the hunter behind me. "I know me, Sam and Willow ain't exactly your favorite people, but don't you think this is a little extreme?"

"What, you think this is revenge?" the man answered in a huff, and I strained my head around to try and see his reaction.

"Well, we did leave you tied up in your own mess for three days," Dean laughed. "Which was awesome. Sorry, I shouldn't laugh."

"Yeah. I was definitely planning on whuppin' your ass for that," Gordon commented and I rolled my eyes when Dean's eyes found me.

"But that's not what this is. This isn't personal. I'm not a killer. I'm a hunter." He turned to Dean, pointing. "And your brother's fair game."

Dean's face contorted into one of shock, which the grim-faced hunter ignored.

"Mm-hmm," I hummed. "Then I guess I got the VIP treatment," I sasses, trying to give Dean a moment to take in Gordon's words.

"Just a means to an end, Willow," Gordon assured me. "I needed you quiet, and Dean to do what I said.
"See, I was doing an exorcism down in Louisiana. Teenage girl, seemed routine, some low-level demon. But between all the jabbering and the head-spinning, the damn thing muttered something," Gordon revealed. "About a coming war. And I don't think it meant to, it just kind of slipped out. But it was too late. Piqued my interest. And you can really make a demon talk, you got the right tools. Isn't that right, Willow?"

I ignored his question but focused on the information he had told us—a coming war.

"And what happened to the girl it was possessing?" Dean asked, his cold stare already knowing the answer.

"She didn't make it," Gordon told him, as calmly as if he was talking about taking out the trash. I cringed at his indifference.

"Well, you're a son of a bitch," Dean told him, shaking his head.

I could hear how the hunter behind me dragged his feet over the floor, coming into view. He slapped Dean hard across the face.

"That's my momma you're talking about."

I let out a low chuckle, feeling my body hot with rage. "Well, it would explain a lot."

Gordon turned to me, and I braced for impact, but instead, he bent down next to me, getting to eye level.

"I don't know why you pretend to care. You're the same as me."

"I am nothing like you," I snarled.

"No? I've heard about how you lock the demons in their meat suits," his voice was low. "I happen to know the lengths you'd go to in order to get information."

"Unlike you, I don't enjoy it," I seethed. He got to his feet, smiling down at me as if satisfied I admitted it.

"Anyway," Gordon said, continuing his story. "This demon tells me there are soldiers to fight in this coming war. Humans, fighting on hell's side. You believe that? I mean, they're psychics, so they're not exactly pure humans, but still. What kind of worthless scumbag have you got to be to turn against your own race?" Dean glared at the man, but I could feel my face pale with realization.

Gorgon began to smile. "But you know the biggest kick in the ass? This demon said I knew one of them. Our very own Sammy Winchester."

Dean began to chuckle. "Oh, this is ... this is a whole new level of moronic, even for you."

"Yeah? Come on, Dean. I know. About Sam's visions. I know everything." Dean looked amused, but I recognized the rage.

"Really? Because a demon told you?" The oldest Winchester laughed again, "Yeah, and it wasn't lying."