Chapter 5

Arthur called after Jeremy but he didn't listen he just kept walking to his car trying to get away from him.

Arthur vamped in front of Jeremy which startled him but it was replaced by a punch to Arthur's face.
" Get away from me bastard," he raged.

Jeremy tried walking away but Arthur caught his hands and prevented him from going anywhere. Jeremy tried to ignore the tantalising spark that came from the vampire's touch.

" Let go of me!"

" I won't not until you let me explain," Arthur said.

" I don't want any explanation. Just let me go in peace and leave you to wrap yourself in your slut," Jeremy spat.

" Hey, I'm no slut. I'm Arthur's most valuable asset," the girl from earlier said as she approached them.

Jeremy glared at her wanting to rip her throat out.

" Just ignore her. Please Gilbert it's not what it looks like," Arthur tried reasoning with Jeremy.

" It was what it looked like. We were about to have an amazing time until you showed up with your ugly face and ruined the entire thing," she said with irritation and it enraged Jeremy the more.

" Don't listen to her, she's messing with you. Please believe me," Arthur pleaded.

Jeremy looked at him with uncertainty pulling in his eyes. Every fiber of his being wants him to believe him. It wants him to hug him and tell him that he believes him but then the huff from the girl besides them snapped him out of it.
" Messing with me? I saw the both of you kiss and you're telling me she's messing with me. Just how stupid do you think I am?" Jeremy peeled his hands off Arthur's hold.

" You said we were soulmate, I believe you. Because all through this evening I have been feeling uneasy and on edge. No matter what I did I never felt okay. I left the funeral of a friend to try and calm myself down. I followed my feelings and it led me to you. The moment I saw you all the uneasiness and discomfort left me and that moment I wanted to give the soulmate thing a try but what did I get. A lady shoving her tongue down your throat," Jeremy said with hurt in his eyes.

Arthur felt his pain and it really was killing him seeing him this way. He tried to reach out to him but Talia quickly rushed into his hands and placed her hands on his chest and rubbed it seductively.

" Soulmates?" Talia scoffed, " You're not worthy to be his soulmate. You're pathetic. I am the rightful person for that position," she said and hugged him.

Jeremy felt his heart constrict and with one last look of pain in his eyes he rushed to his truck and drove off.

" Good riddance," Talia said still latching unto Arthur. Arthur growled in anger.

He grabbed her neck and forcibly slammed her into a wall.
" How dare you mess with my mate's head? Are you not scared of loosing your head?"

Talia didn't flinch even though she knew a raging Arthur means death for whosoever caused it but she wasn't whosoever.

" You were the one who called me on the phone, telling me how depressed you are and how you're not getting any luck with your soulmate and now I'm trying to help and you're getting mad," Talia said calmly looking directly into his eyes.

" I didn't ask you to make him hate me. I asked for your help on how to make him like me and all you did was ruin it all," Arthur raged even more.

Talia had enough she head butted Arthur breaking his nose. He let her go and she grabbed his head and threw him into the wall.
" Get your head out of your ass Arthur, this isn't the 10th century. A lot has changed. This is one of the most successful way of getting someone you've been hitting on to like you back and giving the circumstances he's your soulmate and that makes it even better," Talia told Arthur as he stood up.