Chapter 9

Jeremy found himself walking in an empty street. He walked for some minutes yet there where no signs of life. After a while he turned around and was faced with a big mansion. He didn't know how it got there.

He walked up to it. M & G was writing boldly above the door post. He climbed the porch. He tried opening the door but it didn't budge. He looked around to see if he would find any key but didn't see any. He tried opening it again but was disappointed.

" You're wasting your time. I tried that already," a voice said behind him.

Jeremy turned around and spotted Arthur. He smiled at Jeremy. He noticed that Arthur's clothing was black all through and then he noticed he himself was clad in white.

" It's nice to meet you again Jeremy Gilbert," Arthur said voice laced with pain. As soon as he said those everything that has happened came rushing back to him. He sighed.

~

Rebekah and Finn had brought the gang to their family mansion.
Finn had instructed them to put Jeremy's body next to Arthur's almost immediately there was a reaction between them both.

Their hands twitched when they came in contact and Finn smiled as he considered that a sign.

Kol watched from a corner in the room it was a miracle Arthur was still alive.

EARLIER.

Kol trailed the dagger down Arthur's chest and stopped when it got to his heart.
" Daggering you might put an end to your suffering and that of your mate successfully killing you both but I'm not quite sure. I dagger you and you temporarily die so does your mate but in his case permanently. But that would be to easy for the little Gilbert he did have a hand in my demise in the past. I want him to watch as I torture his sister to death and in turn I get to rip his heart out of his chest," Kol laughed at what he said.

" Very wonderful but you on the other I want to suffer a great deal for how you made me feel all through the years you were not daggered by our father. You've been a thorn in my flesh and finally I get to end you and I couldn't be more happy," Kol applied a little pressure on the dagger pointed at Arthur's heart and he let out a moan of pain.

" You took a lot from me. You watched Klaus dagger me for years but you didn't do anything. I should have allowed father to kill you instead of daggering you and leaving you in that cave. The five hundred years you spent there wasn't enough to reshape you and you came back and resumed your torture on me. But now I finally have you in my mercy, no more will you kill the ones I fall in love with, no longer will you consider me weak I will end you mercilessly," Kol raged as he raised his hands to plunge the dagger into his heart.

" Kol!" Rebekah called out his name which successfully halted his actions. He heard her footsteps close to the door and immediately hid the dagger in his cloth and vamped to the door.

Rebekah opened it and was startled to see him there.

" You bloody scared me," she said as she lightly hit his chest.

" I'm notorious for that," Kol smirked. Rebekah rolled her eyes.

" Bring him in here," came Finn's voice as he directed Stefan into the room.

When Stefan came to the threshold he stopped in his tracks when he saw Kol and his face darkened. They looked at each other for a while and Kol smirked. Elena noticing gently patted Stefan on the back and urged him on.

Stefan placed Jeremy next to Arthur on the bed and there came the instant reaction.

" Is that supposed to happen?" Stefan asked.