Chapter 13

Matt was walking to his car when he felt like he was been watched he turned around but couldn't find anyone suspicious. He entered his car took out his phone and checked it in hopes that he might have missed calls or messages. He was disappointed when he couldn't find any. He rested his head on the head rest and sighed. He didn't have anything important doing as he had left work early and Jeremy already left with Arthur. He tried not to think of the impending doom on mystic falls that Jeremy talked about but if he didn't think about that his mind would drift to a certain someone who drives him crazy with longing.

He groaned then he placed his head on the car horn which blared startling a passerby. The woman yelled at him. He immediately uttered an apology then he started his car and drove off.

Matt unknowingly drove past Mark who sat at a park bench watching him. Although the latter told him to stay away but he couldn't do that not when he knows he and his friends are in danger. He will protect his blood singer.

~

Klaus still in Beacon Hills was getting agitated by his mate on a daily basis. Derek refuses to pay him any attention and it's driving him nuts.

Derek was currently helping Jason heal his wounds. He was having a had time healing and he refused to take vampire blood. Caroline and Tyler were out with the others to help Alex adjust to life as a vampire. Stiles stayed behind to help Derek saying he didn't want to be used as blood bag again.

Klaus watched as Derek and Stiles interacted with each other. It was clear that the human had unrequited feelings for the sour wolf. It annoyed Klaus to the very end. Klaus couldn't take it any longer when Derek cleaned an oil stain from Stiles's cheek causing him to blush.

Klaus vamped over to them and pushed Stiles away from Derek. Stiles hit the wall which knocked the wind out of him. Derek got angry and pushed Klaus away. He tried getting to  Stiles but Klaus grabbed him and vamped him into a wall.

" I am your mate and you should show me the affection not some pathetic human," Klaus seethed trying his possible best to avoid the tingling sensation he felt from touching Derek.

" You want affection then try been a person who deserves one," Derek replied then pulled Klaus's hands away from his throat.

" What do you mean?" Klaus asked.

Derek helped Stiles up and apologized on Klaus's behalf.

" I don't know what I did to deserve this from you and I don't care who you are but trust me when I say if you try to hurt me again I'll find your weakness and kill you with it," Stiles threatened and then left not without Derek apologizing again. Klaus scoffed.

" You see this is what you do Klaus. You go around creating enemies everywhere you go. You don't for once stop to think before you act you just make things miserable for everyone," Derek said looking Klaus dead in the eyes.

" Don't talk like you know me Derek, because you bloody don't know anything about me" Klaus replied not liking what he heard.

" Oh I know a lot about you Niklaus. The almighty original hybrid feared by his enemies and loathed by his family. You've been around for more than a thousand years yet all you did in those time were terrible. I have been studying you ever since I turned twenty and found out you were my mate while I was in New York. I was over the moon when I saw you. I was blown away by your beauty and your charisma. I longed to be with you but I couldn't because I knew you didn't feel the pull something was not complete about you then not until you broke your hybrid curse. The pull was instant but I had to fight it when I learnt what you did to break your curse. I couldn't bring myself to face the man you'd become," Derek revealed shocking Klaus.