1 𓄹

chapter 1// marks
chapter music: camielle saint-saens' the swan

h/c: hair color
e/c: eye color

𓈀

Every single day became harder and harder; her survival rate has gotten smaller and smaller each time she tallies a day off on her wall

Every single day became harder and harder; her survival rate has gotten smaller and smaller each time she tallies a day off on her wall. Since she could remember, luck was never on her side and she'd been given a terrible life to be born into.

Runaway mother, dingy house that needed constant repairs which were never fixed, tainted tap, you name it. It's a miracle- or rather a curse- that she had a great immune system. Her father was also at least smart enough to refrain from beating her to the point of hospitalization. He knew exactly the line of her breaking point.

The additional bullying and harassing she receives at school, joined by her father makes her reconsider her own self worth, becoming a common reoccurrence.

Ÿ̷̙͔͕͔̓̚̕O̵̡̒̍̐U̴̖̪̅̀ ̷̧̳̒̚Ḑ̷̡̮̋͛̃O̵̪̘̊̚N̶͈̳͖̚ͅ'̶͙̄̇͝T̴̨̠̱̳̈́̐͊̅͊ ̴̢̽B̷̲̦̓̈́͋̓͘Ẹ̵̡̎̀͗͘L̶̞͖̮̗̆́̒O̵̥̯͙̅̒̅Ņ̵̈͜͠G̴̢̱͊̚.̶̛̮͕̉̑̐̕ ̷̬̹̠̇͋͛̎̚
̸̡̛̗̭͕͖̐Y̴̘̠͂͆Ò̶̩̼͓Ų̵̇̐͝'̸̥̬̰̈́͘R̷͎̜̝̓̈́Ē̴̝̺̏͆̐̌ ̴͉͍̈̒͐̏H̴͎̤͌͊̈̏̊Ī̴͔̥̣̩͇̌̔́̂D̵͓̲̳͇̀E̶̤̱̘̺͐Ơ̶͎̈̕Ų̵̝͙̗̐Ş̴͓̇̉͌͘.̷͖̦̏́̂̂͠ ̶̛̠͓͚̫̽̌̀
̴̟̥̜̳̾̈́̆W̴͔̝̗͙͋̍͐̌͜͝O̸̼͔͐̐͆̊͗R̴͈͖͚̗̰͛͆̅͆T̷͍̗͇͎̀͝H̶̤͙̺͓̺͐͂L̸̹͙̯͎̈́Ẹ̴̡̳͉̅́̒̑ͅS̸̠͋͑̎͠S̸̘͓̭͋ ̴̮̏͑͘͝S̵̢̖̰̲̓͐̎C̵̣̻̹̹̘̊̉̌̔̚U̶̢̼͎̱͚͊͐̊̒M̸͔͖̠͛̔.̴̙̏̋̾ ̸̣̈́́̍͝

Y/n's mind was filled with constant self hatred, repeating what her bullies and father spat at her. Toxicity seethed into her brain like a sponge. The only escape for a single source of happiness included hiding away in her closet at night and binge watching her favorite anime, Tokyo Revengers.

They were all broken in a way, just like her. She enjoyed how they became each others heroes, hoping one day she can do the same.

There was a slam that came from the front door of the small home, a shocked gasp escaping from Y/n's chapped lips. He was already home? But it was too soon, she was sure of it! There had to of been more time!

Pausing her show, she cowers into the closet to pray her father doesn't hear her in there. Unfortunately, with every step slowly coming towards her room crushed those hopes.

...STOMP.

...STOMP.

The door to her room creaked open, enter her father yelling for her. "Y/n! I know you're here somewhere you bitch, what did I tell you about cleaning up the damn kitchen!?" Shaking, too afraid to answer him the small girl stayed quiet. Maybe he'll start to look somewhere else and leave the room. There was no sound, deeming her safe for the moment.

However, the closet door swung open, a large and dirty hand reached in causing the frightened girl to scream in fright. The hand grabbed onto her h/c hair, yanking on it and pulling her out of the closet. The hand belonging to her father, pushed her to the ground and kicked her in the side. "I-I'm sorry! I'm sure I cleaned it properly-" the girl cried out, being interrupted by another kick.

"You dare lie to me?" Another kick. "I oughta beat you a lesson!" His body swayed back and forth; he could barely keep a steady foot.

The kitchen was in fact clean. The bastard father was just too damn drunk to even bother to look. All he needed was an excuse to beat his daughter senseless to forget his own problems. After all, it wasn't him who wanted her in the first place. Kick after kick, punch after punch the drunken man nearly beat his daughter into a state of unconsciousness. The only reason he paused was to stumble his way towards the toilet to puke.

Y/n could barely move, she felt unbearable pain throughout her small body. She blinked her eyes slowly, her head pounding.

Lifting her head up a bit towards the closet, her dull e/c eyes glanced up at the laptop that still had her favorite anime pulled up. It had been paused on a sweet scene with three of the characters riding bicycles in front of the sunset together. It was one of her favorite scenes.

Yet, tears spilled out of her eyes.

Putting her hands on the ground, forcing her shaking arms to lift her body up, she slowly gets to a standing position. Slowly but surely the tattered h/c haired girl limped out of the house and into the street.

There was a time where at least one thing could make her feel something inside...but now she's certain there is nothing that can do so anymore.

Quite some time had passed and the beaten girl's wandering eventually lead her to a busy bridge. It was appalling how no one who witnessed the questionable state of the girl walk by not stop her. She had made her way towards the middle, leaning her arms against the cold steel of the bridge to look out ahead.

Wonderful.

Taking a small breath, the small girl swings her legs over the railing, ignoring the pain, to sit atop. The sounds of speeding cars passing by behind her completely ignored her shadowy figure. Her gaze slowly lifts up to notice a clear night sky.

A giggle escapes her lips. "Not even the stars will show themselves for me."

The battered girl places her hands on the railing, steadily pushes herself off and starts to pummel towards the dark abyss beneath the bridge. Her beaten body falls through the cold midnight air. Her lips turned to a frown while tears uncontrollably fall out of her tired, dead eyes as fate takes its course.

Wishing she could've died a hero, not a coward.

𓈀