2 𓄹

chapter 2// the new beginning
chapter music: color me blue, akane

𓈀

Y/n shot straight up out of bed, gasping for air

Y/n shot straight up out of bed, gasping for air. Her heart was pounding uncontrollably as if the wind had been knocked out of her. Finally catching a breath, she looked around her surroundings not quite recognizing it. Obviously it was her bedroom, but it was hard to put into perspective. Especially since there was a strange aura.

She sighed and rubbed her tired eyes, getting out of bed. Once leaving the room she faces a small Japanese apartment, one she can't quite wrap her tiny little brain around. The constant question of where she even was imprinted in her mind. Deciding to explore a little, she walks to the kitchen.

The confused girl noticed a calendar on the wall and scans over it. "April 16th, 2005." She mumbled. How hard could she have hit her head to the point of not remembering the day before? Did she possibly get knocked into the past? Chuckling a little, she shakes her head. How silly could that be.

Coming to terms that this apartment was actually her home, she starts her day off and takes note of where everything is. Kitchen, living room, bedroom, bathroom...seemed pretty normal.

Y/n stares at herself in the bathroom mirror, making sure she recognized her own face. "Since when did I get bangs?" The curious h/c haired girl messed with the parted bangs she can't recall having, much less to the point where they were there long enough to start growing over her eyes. Ignoring it for now Y/n picked up two silver hair pins and clipped the bangs to the sides.

The calendar from before said it was a Saturday so she didn't have to worry about trying to find what school she goes to quite yet. If she even attended school? No, she still looked and felt the same. There's no doubt she's still 13. Wanting to make sure, she heads back to the bedroom in search for the school uniform. There's got to be her student ID around somewhere.

Searching through a wardrobe, Y/n takes the school uniform out and inspects thoroughly. Nothing was familiar...the girl searched the front pocket of her blazer and pulled out a student ID card she was searching for. Indeed, it was her face there, smiling for a picture that she has zero memory of being taken.

There is was, her birth date. 06/06/1990. It seemed strangely correct? Her thumb then rubbed over the name plastered on the card.

Y/n Kinoshita

Surely her surname was shorter than that, she vaguely remembers it being short and common.

There were no pictures of family members, not even of herself from childhood could be found anywhere in the apartment. So she always lived alone? Or did she run away from her actual family and gained amnesia shortly after?