10

It had been over a week since Jesse's realization of her past history with Demetri and his friend Eli. If Demetri knew who she was, he made no indication and the guilt was eating her alive.

"What's bugging you?" Kyler asked as he brought his surf board in from outside. "You look like someone told you that you was dying."

Jesse groaned from her spot on the living room couch and looked at her brother. She wished she could talk to him about her dellima but he too was involved. The young girl winced as another memory washed over her.

"Hey, lip. You lookin' at my sister?!"

Jesse turned around at the familiar noise and watched as Eli and his friend looked wide eyed at an approaching Kyler. Her brother stalked over with malice on his face.

"N-no I-I-I was j-"

"Shut up." Kyler snapped at the teen, taking satisfaction in the flinch from the two nerds. "I watched you look at her and then nod your head towards her."

"What's going on?" Jesse asked, coming off slippery like a snake. She raised a perfectly plucked eyebrow at her brother snd teased. "You're not picking on my math partner are you?"

Eli wanted the earth to swallow him whole. One Park was bad enough but now that there was two, he could feel the danger alarms going off in every cell of his body. "I-I w-was just-" He kept his gaze down.

"Please save the pity party." Jesse begged with a roll of her eyes. "Your voice gives a headache."

"I thought it was his face?" Kyler asked with a smirk. "I mean... look at this shit." Kyler grabbed onto the collar of Eli's shirt and forced the boy to look over at his sister.

Jesse locked eyes with the poor boy and for a moment she thought about stopping. But the power raged through her veins as a smirk overtook her face and she lifted her hand. Eli flinched away from the hand, but Jesse just calmly placed her thumb on the scar and hummed.

"If he just wore a mask, he'd be acceptable."

Kyler and Jesse let out a shared laugh, not noticing the best friend to the side clenching his bag in anger.

"H-hey just leave him alone!"

Jesse's attention immediately snapped to the gangly teen with a raised eyebrow. "Oh, look at that. Ugly duckling has a friend." Kyler snorted, still holding onto a nervous Eli. "And he isn't much better looking."

"W-well at least people like him." Demetri tried to stand up for his friend, not liking the situation at all. "H-he was just mentioning the project you guys were working on."

A hum was let out of Jesse's mouth as she took in the boy. "People? As in you?" Dark eyes trailed the gangly boy from head to toe before snorting. "I would hardly count you as someone I'd want to talk to."

Demetri felt an anger throughout his body that collided with a frustration to create a storm inside that begged to be released. He clenched his bag tighter -angry and nervous- as he snapped at the girl. "L-Like I'd want to talk to a bitch like you anyways."

Eli looked at his friend with wide eyes. A new fear climbed its way up his spine at the shift an atmosphere. Eli was quickly shoved to the ground while Kyler stalked his way over to Demetri.

"What did you just call my sister?"

The recent outburst also shocked Demetri as he stared with wide eyes at the twins in front of him. "S-shit."

For the rest of the week, Demetri tried to avoid the twins but they found him every day.

"You getting packed for the trip to Korea?" Jesse asked her brother, trying to shove the tormenting memories out of her head.

"I don't need that much." Kyler snorted as he came back from the back porch. "Unlike your materialist ass."

"Excuse you." Jesse asked offended. "I'm pretty sure you have just as many skin and hair care products as I do. And somehow you're still ugly."

"At least I try to look good." Kyler popped his collar and sat bag into the recliner. Jesse scoffed and looked at her brother in faux disgust.

"Track suits are not a fashion statement. It just makes you look like a Russian drug dealer."

Kyler scowled at his sister. "Oversized sweaters do no make you look thinner." Jesse's eyes narrowed.

"That weird bird tail on your head doesn't make you look taller."

"Make up can't hide ugly."

"Is that why you keep a jar of concealer on you?"

"You swore you'd never mention that." Kyler's own eyes narrowed at being called out. "It's for pimples and you know it."

"No. I don't." Jesse grinned in satisfaction, knowing she had won. "I don't have pimples."

"You're a bitch."

"And you, my ugly brother, are a Dick."

The twins huffed and looked away from each other, the anger in the air becoming stale.

"...wanna get some sushi?" Kyler asked after a few minutes of silence.

"Yes please." And just like a light switch the two siblings were good again as they both headed to Kyler's jeep. "Did you get new seat covers?"

"Oh so you noticed?" Kyler smirked at his sister as he turned on his car. "You approve?"

Jesse nodded impressed with the new color. "I'm impressed. The car looks like an Instagram shot before the filter."

"So you just admitted you don't follow my insta cause I been posting pics of Baby Girl."

Jesse rolled her eyes at the accusation. "Maybe if you actually posted some good content I'd follow you."

"Likes yours is any better."

"I'm not in it for content. I'm in it to stalk others."

The twins enjoyed each other's company with banter and insults that only the to could share. Throughout the night, Jesse couldn't help but have a heavy heart as she would frequently go back to her bullying days.