63

Three minutes.

There was a lot a person could do in three minutes. Jesse could apply eyeliner, lipstick, and eye shadow in that time. She could remove her implants, have them on charge, and put in new ones. She could chug a venti iced coffee in less.

Now, she had three minutes to win.

When it came to Samantha LaRusso Jesse had a multitude of emotions. Sam wasn't evil nor was she what Jesse would call true good. There was always an agenda in every conversation with the blonde, but Jesse didn't hate her. The blonde was used as an attempted third in the once tight clique that consisted of Jesse, Moon, and Yasmine.

But Sam's frustration was intense. To her, Jesse was Jessica and to Jessica Sam was... Sam.

Flash of light.

"Point!"

Jesse's eyes furrowed at her fist that landed on Sam's shoulder just after Sam's own to her abdomen. The blonde's head snapped to the left in disbelief as they both reset with the judges arm pointing towards Cobra Kai. The confusion and frustration was all over her opponents face.

A reset and Sam won the next point with an obvious strike to the back of Jesse's head. Jesse shook it off and rubbed her head, before signalling to the medics that she was fine.

The fight resumed and Jesse had to block a fist to her nose, a knee to the gut, a heel to the neck... defense was her friend and she was dancing around as if she were her aunt and Sam were her. Out of panic, Jesse sent a strong kick to Sam's chest and sent her across the pad.

Flash of light.

"Point!"

With an intake of breath, Jesse tried to go over to the girl grabbing her chest, bent over with what she could only imagine were wheezes of air desperately trying to enter, but was stopped both by the judge and the steel glare that snapped her way from Sam LaRusso. Jesse staggered before turning around and headed back to her spot, eyes glancing over at Ger team to see the excitement and cheers of hands shaking in the air in a sign of cheer. The way her brother grinned and clumsily told her to kick ass with pride unbidden on his features had her elated, her spine straightening and chin rose.

Wasn't this where she was always meant to be?

In the spotlight, at the top, with her brother behind her every step of the way?

With the weak on their knees where they belonged while she stood tall and mighty.

A smile on her lips and buzz in her ears, respect and fear from those around her heavy inside of her chest as a crowd vibrated with excitement because of her. For her. Eagerly cheering her forward with smiles wide with teeth.

The seductive addiction of a life lived because of-

Jesse's smile dropped as her eyes locked onto a grinning Silvers, a perverse pride lightening up his face. His fists pumped into the air with the others on her team, encouraging her with a nod of approval and a thumbs up with familiar words sounding out on his lips-

"Strike fast, strike hard." Her aunt demanded with her longer fingers splayed around the young wrist, hoisting Jessica to her feet. She ignored the gasp of pain. "Go through your opponent!" The woman ordered just as she spun around and sent a sharp jab with her heel into Jessica's chest.

Jessica fell into the mud with a cry as she desperately grabbed at her chest that felt as tight as a rubber band about to snap. She writhed and sobbed, unable to hear anything with her eyes no longer locked onto the woman's face. Not that she could hear anything with the humiliating pain that rang around her body and mind.