47

"Oh my God." Jesse whispered out hauntingly, staring at the boy with wide eyes and a hand covering her mouth in shock. "It-it can't be-"

"Jesse-"

Jesse could only stand it for so long before she bursted. Starting with snickers behind her hand and evolving into a full out belly laugh, leaning onto Demetri beside her for support while Hawk only rolled his eyes and glared down at the girl.

Demetri and Jesse had driven to school today while Hawk had spent the night at Miguel's, riding the bus with the boy instead of hijacking her time with Demetri. So when Demetri and Jesse entered the school lightly debating the ethics of Adipose in Doctor Who and witnessed the new color on top of Hawk's head, Jesse really couldn't help herself.

"Okay, okay, damn!" Hawk grumbled out as he shuffled forward and kicked the girl half-hearted on the sides of her feet. "Shut up already!"

"I-I'm sorry, b-but you-" Jesse made a sound like a goose which only sent her further into giggles. The noise made both boy's eyebrows shoot up in shock, before their own mischievous smirks lined up with intent to poke fun. Jesse grabbed onto Demetri's sleeve, pointing desperately at the purple haired teen in front of them, barely able to gasp out the name, "I-it's Stu Pickles!" Before dissolving into another fit of laughs as she used Demetri to hold her up.

Hawk narrowed his eyes warningly at his best friend, clenching the straps of his book bag tightly as Demetri tried to cover his mouth, eyes wide and staring at the purple Mohawk.

"...oh my god-"

"I'm leaving." Hawk interrupted, turning around sharply as Jesse erupted into another fit of laughs at Demetri's realization. "You guys suck."

"And I swallow." Yasmine smirked as she entered the conversation, heading straight to a blushing and staring Demetri. "Hey, baby."

"Hello, my sweet Cinnabon."

Jesse's laughs quickly died out as she was nearly shoved aside - okay, that was dramatic, she was sidestepped - so that Demetri and Yasmine could have, in her opinion, the most disgusting face battle she had ever witnessed. She stood next to Hawk looking away and shifting on her feet, wishing her sensitivity was turned down so she didn't have to listen to the awkward noises.

It was like Jesse couldn't catch a break. As if everywhere she went someone needed to knock her down a peg or two because how dare she be too happy.

"Come on, Kimi. They're being gross." Hawk sighed out, grabbing Jesse by the sweater on her shoulder and forcing her to walk away from the pair. She didn't even argue as she allowed the spiked teen to guide her, thankful she couldn't hear that anymore. She paused.

"Whoa whoa, is it because I'm Asian?"

"Yes." Hawk said simply, smirking down at the girl who couldn't help the snort of amusement at the answer even though she pushed his hand off of her. "Annoying just like her too."

"Now hold on, unless you want school fight part two you take that back. Kimi not I am annoying." Jesse bumped her hip with Eli, who bumped back hard to make her lose balance. "Jerk... I think you're more like Chuckie."

"We literally just had this conversation over the weekend that just because I had red hair doesn't make me a redhead-"

"Oh come on." Jesse whined dramatically, leaning against the locker next to his as he opened the metal door and started unloading for the day. "You and Demetri would be the perfect Chuckie and Tommy Halloween costume duo."

"And you and Kyler could be the twins?"

Jesse's nose scrunched up in thought, horror slowly filling her as she realized just how likely that could be. "Did you know we used to wrestle each other as kids and the loser had to eat a worm?" She whispered out conspiratorially and Hawk paused, eyebrows furrowed and staring weirdly at the girl.