Chapter II - Secure A Husband

For the past week, (Y/n) has been working herself to the bone, determined to educate Mikey on the basics of a primary school entrance exam. After her new son had scored below the 10's in the mock exam, she got extremely worried and took it upon herself to help him study before she can sign him up for primary school.

And once Mikey completed the actual entrance exam, (Y/n) went straight to the couch and took a long, well deserved nap.

Mikey gazes down at his resting mother, unfazed by her state. "Mama died." He picks up on a few knocks on the main door of the apartment and follows his gaze to the noise.

"I've got some mail for you!" A voice is heard behind the door, and Mikey doesn't hesitate in answering it for them. He opens the door and encounters a mailman, dressed in his uniform, along with a bag that held a ton of mail. "Is this the (L/n) residence?" The mailman asks Mikey.

"Yes." Mikey confirms. "I'm Mikey (L/n)."

The mailman digs a hand into his bag. "Then, could you give this to your mommy or daddy?" He gestures Mikey a thick envelope, crouched down to the little boy's height.

"I don't have a papa." Mikey tells him.

The mailman interprets Mikey's words as that of being offended and says sheepishly. "Oh, really? I'm sorry..."

Mikey accepts the mail with no regards to the mailman, and runs back into the apartment, straight to where his mom rested. "Mama! The mailman came!" He sees (Y/n) still unconscious and taps the envelope gently onto her face, anticipating that it'd wake her up. He scowls when he earns from reaction from the grown woman, seeking for attention.

"Fine." Mikey puts the thick envelope on the coffee table and makes room for himself on the couch. "Then I'm sleeping, too." He rests underneath one of (Y/n)'s arms, holding onto it with both of his small hands. He relishes the warmth of his mom and blushes happily, content with sharing such a peaceful moment with her.

It wouldn't be until an hour later that (Y/n) would regain consciousness, and find Mikey under her custody. She immediately sits up on the couch, keeping her distance from the little boy. "You...!" She irks. "What're you doing?! Are you trying to kill me?" Her loud voice awakens Mikey in a matter of seconds.

Mikey groans, remaining on the spot that he rested on among the couch. "You're too loud, mama..."

(Y/n) sighs heavily at his response, looking down in contemplation. 'There goes my sleep schedule...' She then spots the envelope that Mikey received not too long ago. "Is that the mail?" She reads the address first. "It's from the school." She opens it by ripping off one of its side, where she'd find a letter that the school had prepared for her. She reads it in her head, which doesn't take her long to finish.

Mikey finally sits up, rubbing a fist into one of his eyes to regain his vision. "Did I get in..?"

"Yeah." (Y/n) assures. "You got in."

Mikey smiles widely. "Then, did I do good?"

"Naturally." (Y/n) ruffles a hand into his blonde hair, causing him to giggle. "You are smart in your own way." She gulps thickly. "But..."

"But?"

"There's an interview process that we have to go through, since you're entering in the middle of the first semester." (Y/n) mentions. "And they require both parents..." The hand that she uses to hold the letter shakes from frustration. "What is this, the 20th century?! This is 2017!"

Even Mikey understood the problem at hand. "We don't have a papa."

"Exactly." (Y/n) tosses the letter onto the coffee table. "And even if you do get admitted into the school, we can't exactly have you attracting attention if word, somehow, gets out that you don't have a dad..." She clicks her tongue. "That'd make you...and me look bad."