Chapter 15

You made more mistakes than you can count this past week. The incident with Jihyo has been occupying your mind more than you care to admit. "I-I'm sorry!" You apologized and made a move to sweep up the glass vase that shattered onto the floor.

Hoseok made you stay there as he went to get a broom. You took a glance at your palm, noticing blood seeping from a cut. Oh no. You better not let Hoseok see it since you heal faster than a human. In order to keep your hand from healing, you applied pressure to the wound and hoped that your wound would stop healing itself. When it didn't look like it wasn't healing, you made a hasty decision to take a piece of glass and carefully cut your palm more. Now, it looks like it's working.

Hoseok came back quickly and left the broom leaning against a shelf. He had also put a box on the shelf as he carefully held out his hand. "Here, I'll guide you." You nodded and Hoseok gently grabbed your arm and guided through the small bits of glass as well as large chunks that happened. After making it through, he made you sit down behind the counter and he quickly grabbed the box from before.

You don't know what's in the box. It had a red plus sign on it and once he opened it up, there were white puffs, white squares, packets of unknown things and a smaller box inside. There were even tweezers and gloves. "Okay, I'll just get it cleaned up okay?" Hoseok said as he grabbed a packet to open it.

"O-Okay. What is that?" Your curiosity got the better of you and you didn't notice your actions of not applying pressure on your wound anymore.

"It's just a wipe to clean the wound first." He slid the wipe out of the packet and gently grabbed your hand. "Oh? I thought your cut was bigger."

Oh. You worriedly looked down at your now smaller wound. You got distracted! Once the wipe hit your wound, you hissed in pain and slightly pulled back. Ow! "Why does that hurt?" You blurted out and flinched when another dab hit your wound.

Hoseok chuckled. "Well, you have an open wound." He replied, thinking that you may be joking. Surely, you have gotten hurt in the past before. After thinking it was clean, Hoseok opened the smaller box and took out a band-aid. He put it on your wound and smiled at you. "There, all better! Too bad I don't have a lollipop to give you."

A lollipop? Why would he give you a lollipop? You tried to think about it and he put the box back and closed the bigger box. He crumbled up the trash and threw it away. Your mind came up with nothing on why he would give you a lollipop. "Stay here and rest while I clean up the glass." Hoseok left the plus box on the counter and went to grab the broom he left previously. When you get back, you have to remember to look up what these things were.

But good job you. You broke a vase and made Hoseok worry over something so minor. Looks like Ms Wang is going to have to take that vase out of your paycheck.

"He doesn't see me as a kid right?" You stared at the words in front of you. Earlier you went to the library and now you are here seeing what was written in a convenient book called, "What does that mean?" Lollipops are usually given to children to help them get through a doctor's appointment - whatever that was. "No, he can't see me as a kid..."

You had your head in your hands, hands resting against the sides of your head as you continued to stare at the black ink written. "Does he really? This ruins everything if he does..." You were mumbling to yourself gathering a few wandering eyes but you didn't even feel them staring at you. Oh Poseidon. If Hoseok looks at you like a little kid, how are you going to make him fall in love with you within a few months?!

This was going to be a lot harder than you thought.

The scratchy texture of the band-aid rubbed the side of your head. You pulled your hand back and looked at the plain, brown band-aid. A ghost of a smile played on your lips, heart swelling with admiration. Well, you're going to have to try a lot more and leave this on for a few days. Or was it weeks? How long did humans heal?! You groaned again, knowing you had to find another book on how long humans heal. Sometimes it was a pain to learn everything to keep your identity a secret.

Poseidon must be in work with the Land God or something for leaving the ocean. That had to be the conclusion you came to as you saw Ae Ri walk into the shop. A jealous part of you wanted to shoo her away but you know you can't do that. Nope. "Are you looking for Hoseok?" You innocently asked, kind of hoping she was not here for Hoseok but like you thought before, Poseidon must really hate you.

"Yeah, is he working today?" Ae Ri asked, leaving her umbrella at the front door. Today the weather was off. Dark clouds hung over the city and boy were you scared for a moment. But thankfully the enchantment didn't apply to the rain so you were safe.

"Yeah he is." You smiled and leaned the broom against the wall. "I'll go get him for you." She nodded as you headed towards the back. Heading into the back, you waited as Hoseok put down a box of something. "Hey Hoseok." He turned to, waiting for you to say something. "Ae Ri is looking for you."

"Oh, is she?" Hoseok smiled but it wasn't his usual one. It kind of made you feel a little tense. "Alright, can you take care of the store for a bit?" The entire store? You simply nodded as Hoseok thanked you and left to the front. You followed him and by the time you got there, Hoseok and Ae Ri were leaving underneath their own umbrellas.

Despite the rain somewhat obscuring them, you watched them until you couldn't see them anymore. Something inside of you told you to go after them but you couldn't. Perhaps they never broke up and you felt your heart become heavy. Could you really make Hoseok fall in love with you? Maybe not...