Chapter 2

Saudade {soh-dah-duh}: a deep emotional state of melancholic longing for a person or thing that is absent (noun)

_______

A small yawn escaped out of aurora's mouth as she stretched her skinny legs while rubbing her eyes awake. The bright sun shined through her opened windows making her room truly resemble a garden from the number of flowers and plants. She slowly climbed out of bed with Lola in her hands as she made her way toward the bathroom in hope to get the day started. She stared at herself in the mirror examining her delicate features and then her petite body that was hidden underneath her nightgown; wondering what would she look like if her features were different, more dramatic. While she began her morning routine her mother quickly picked out an outfit after being done making breakfast and then combed her hair to perfection.

Today was the day of the week that Aurora had to go into town to deliver both fresh milk and a basket of cake for her mother. She was excited because usual her curfew would be extremely early but on these particular days it was home before dark; meaning she would be able to say hello to the townspeople and then buy the second part of her current favorite book without having to worry.

Aurora made her way toward the kitchen giving her mother a simple twirl to showcase her outfit as if she had not picked it out. " My child you are shining brighter than a star once again," her mother says before giving her daughter a small peck on her forehead and handing her the plate of freshly made food.

" Thank you, I am grateful to have been blessed with a mother that knows how to dress," she says as the two of them laugh at the memory of aurora's last attempt to dress herself

" Thank you, I am grateful to have been blessed with a mother that knows how to dress," she says as the two of them laugh at the memory of aurora's last attempt to dress herself. She had tried to match a rainbow dress with burgundy shoes making her appear like a clown.

After bidding farewell to her mother aurora was riding off on her bicycle toward town while singing her favorite song to every tree or flower she rode by. It was moments like these that she wished it was possible to freeze time for her to appreciate the beauty of nature and peace even better.

" Look there she goes, that girl is so peculiar
I wonder if she's feeling well
With a dreamy, far-off look
And her nose stuck in a book
What a puzzle to the rest of us is Belle"

She continued to sing as the ground underneath her bicycle slowly turned from glass to concrete, the beautiful trees replaced with brick buildings, and the sound of birds chirping changed to loud voices. The town was named " Tiny Town" and truly lived up to its name with it being a population of only 800 people. As she rode through the streets she waved saying "Good morning" to every bystander that stared at the lovely girl in pure awe. She was just simply riding a bicycle and subconsciously still took their breath away.

"Oh, isn't this amazing?
It's my favorite part because you'll see
Here's where she meets Prince Charming
But she won't discover that it's him 'til chapter three!"