Chapter 17

༺♥༻

This chapter will be written in Aurora's first-person POV

________

1 month later...

________

He clouds up my memory 24/7 to the point where whenever Martha is yelling or hitting me I think of him as he is my happy place. It felt like it was years ago but I could still faintly remember the way his lips felt pressed against mine, how we molded into each other's arms while making out in his bed. How the sun shined so bright over us as we made sand castles and took pictures together, whenever I was with him the sky practically gleamed with light.

Everything always felt like it was right out of a movie as if it was too good to be reality.

I remembered one night I was sound asleep but woken up to the fainting sound of someone screaming my name from out my window. I could have sworn it was his voice but when I looked out there wasn't a soul in sight and I knew for sure that I was losing my mind, he was making me lose my mind.

I always wondered If he ever thinks about me the same way I think about him. Were my words that convincing through text it made him move on?

I hate the feeling that my heart felt like it was bleeding nonstop and the only thing that could stop it was him. I hate this. I hate this. I hate this. I hate this. I hate this. I hate this.

Tears streamed down my face as I silently cried with my knees pressed deep into my chest. I was so deep into thought that I completely forgot where I was until a bowl of warm water was poured onto my hair, rinsing out the shampoo that Martha had placed. I didn't care if she saw me crying as she had inflicted so much pain on me so far as to know what's the real reason for my tears.

"You need to start learning how to detangle your hair properly yourself. Mother won't be here for long as it seems like Viktor has been gaining more interest in you" she said from behind me, my ears picking up the way excitement beamed in her voice. Viktor had been visiting us more and more often over the past 2 months. He has witnessed the way mother has spoken to me, slapped me, and shown me off the actions being done giving him a clear erection each time.

It was disgusting, everything about him...this disgusted me.

After that night at the dinner table, Viktor hasn't pulled a stunt like that again but he would often pull me to his lap no matter how hard I try to stay planted in my seat and breath into my hair. He would pet and play around in my hair as if I was some sort of doll meanwhile his tent would poke my bottom from below. I didn't understand what was the obsession with everyone and long hair but it was starting to upset me. Every time a hand even mines ran through it; it felt like chains being weighed down on me.

"Alright, that is, all your clothes are on your bed get dressed quickly since we have to prepare food for Viktor. He's been under a lot of stress lately so we will be making his favorite" She told me after a few more rinsing then pulled me out from the tub and wrapped a towel around my body. I watched as she rushes out of my bathroom and out of my bedroom like a headless chicken, but despised her words I moved at my own pace. I grabbed the only clothing I wanted on which was blue underwear before hanging up my towel and walking back into the bathroom with the two items at hand.

I stare into my reflection following with my eyes every knot that came undone as I ran the brush through my hair. My beautiful long blonde hair stared back at me as if it was taunting me, I use to love it. I use to love how long it was as it flow down to my hips, how the wind would purposefully blow at it to see it wild, and how it shined in the sun making it seem golden, but I knew that's why they all loved it too. They loved how much they could pull and tuck at it to guide me around like some lost fucking puppet. My cheeks and nose were red as tears ran over them had I been crying too much, but I needed to let out these tears because I knew this would not only hurt them but hurt me.