Chapter 2: Making Progress

Berlint, Ostania - Orphanage
0830 Hours

Despite being a child, Aaron - codenamed Aeries - is a spy who's extremely proficient on doing covert activities like his fellow agents in W.I.S.E, although to a very limited degree because of his state.

Aaron was a bit taller than his fellow kids. He had a black hair, blue eyes, and quite the handsome face. He was brought here by two child rescue personnel three years ago, which were of course two other undercover agents from the west.

He was currently in the corner of the room, reading a book with the title 'How to socialize with people - A book specifically made for introverts'. He already know how to act depending on the atmosphere around him though, and it was only for entertainment on why he reads it.

Aaron's specialty is infiltration and assassination, and he learned how to wield a weapon when he was young. He also had this unusually high level of intelligence for a kid, which made him a valuable asset.

Aaron closes the book, then focused back on the situation in hand. He expects both Agent Viper and Agent Python to pick him up to pose as their child and help them in Operation: Strix.

A nun went inside the room and approached him. "Aaron, someone wants to speak to you."

Aaron looked at the nun briefly, before his ers trailed to the two individuals who followed after her. He narrows his eyes for a second, then softened his gaze and stood up. The ones he was waiting for finally came.

"How old is he?" (Y/n) asked in a calm, friendly manner.

"He's twelve." The nun replied. "He's a sweet child, but he doesn't play with the other kids."

"We'll take him." Alexandra spoke. "Where do we sign the papers?"

"Um... We don't do that here..." The nun said. "As long as you're willing to adopt the child, we will hand over the child to you."

'Now that's one less loose end.' Viper thought. 'All I need to do is to make a fake birth certificate for him and a fake marriage contract for me and Python.'

"Well then. Are you okay with us, Aaron?" Alexandra asked the child.

Aaron simply nods in response.

(Y/n) smiled. "Very well."

---

Berlint, Ostania - Wesson Bridge
0915 Hours

The three agents were now driving along the bridge, moving along the moderate traffic. It was silent throughout the trip, but none of them seemed to mind. However, (Y/n) thought that it wouldn't hurt to talk even for a bit.

"When did you learn to become a spy, Aaron?" (Y/n) asked.

"Seven. I graduated at nine." The child agent answered.

"Hmm." (Y/n) hummed.

"Do you know about our operation, right?" Alexandra interjected.

"Yes." Aaron replied.

Based on the way he's talking, Viper thought that it wouldn't be a problem for Aaron to do the task he was assigned to do. As far as he know, Aaron is still the only child spy that was trained by veteran agents.

"You know Agent Twilight, right?" (Y/n) added. "You'll coordinate with his son or daughter, and serve as her guard. But don't stick around him or her. Just keep an eye out and go whenever there's trouble."

"Got it." Aaron acknowledged.

"(Y/n)." Alexandra said. "Maybe we should by things for Aaron first."

"Shopping, it is." (Y/n) agreed.