Chapter 8: Eden Academy

Berlint, Ostania - Southside Park
1228 Hours

'Who are you really, Yor Forger?'

'What are you, (Y/n) (L/n)?'

The heavy atmosphere intensified every second, and the rest could feel it, especially Anya and Loid. Alexandra got ready for anything, while Aaron was too busy drinking his beloved pineapple juice to give a damn about the shit that was about to go down.

Aaron's attention was diverted to the road below. Just then, a man grabbed the old lady's bag, causing her to fall down. The robber then ran away, leaving the elderly begging for help.

Aaron didn't hesitate and used the stairs to go to ground level. Alexandra followed after him. (Y/n) and Yor broke the handshake, then parkours down the slope.

Aaron and Yor helped the old lady to stand back up, while (Y/n) and Alexandra went to the alleyway where the suspect had entered, but it was already too late.

They went back to the old lady, who was still being tended by Aaron and Yor.

"Please take care of her. I'm gonna go after Loid." Yor said to the two, and ran off.

---

Loid carried Anya as he looked at the road for any signs of the robber. Nothing. Maybe he's already gone, but its also possible that he slowed down and blended with the crowd to keep a low profile.

Anya used her telepathic abilities to read the minds of the people, occasionally hearing random stuff like complaints about something being expensive, someone wishing that one million Dalc would fall from the sky, and so on. And like before, it was too much for her to handle as her nose began to bleed.

"There you are again..." Loid took his handkerchief and used it to wipe the blood off from her nose.

It was that exact moment that Anya got to read the mind of the culprit. She once again looked back, and found the robber holding the wallet of the old lady.

Of course, she couldn't just blurt out that the suspect is right in front of the stores. Loid would be suspicious of her. Instead, she took another approach. "Father!"

Loid slightly reeled back. "What's up?"

Anya pointed at the cake shop. "I want to eat a cake!"

"Huh? But we just had lunch earlier..." Loid stopped, then noticed the rubber walking casually. 'That guy... You may have changed your outfit, but you can't change your walking habit.'

"Loid!" Yor shouted as she ran towards them.

Nice timing. Now he can subdue the robber without worrying where Anya might end up by the time he gets back.

The robber had a huge grin plastered on his face as he counted the money on the purse. With that many, he could be living large for weeks. He closed the wallet and looked around. "I think I'll start with a nice dinner–"

The robber was suddenly knocked down onto the ground before he could finish his sentence, caused by no other than Loid.

"Open wide, scumbag. Dinner is served." Loid said coldy, his eyes staring at the apprehended thief with outmost disgust.

Loid stood back up and adjusted his necktie. A spy must never draw attention to himself, he thought. However, by this time, many had gathered around them, which already broke that rule.

Loid picked the stolen purse, turns to the crowd, then gestured at the thief. "Um... This man stole an old woman's purse. Somebody call the police here to arrest him. Thank you."