Chapter 10: Celebration

Berlint, Ostania – Forger Residence (Safehouse A2)
128 Park Avenue
1820 Hours

It was already night by the time the Forgers got home. Even after (Y/n) took them on a stroll to help them ease their mood, it still didn't do much.

The three of them were sitting on the couch, contemplating their choices. The atmosphere around them is gloomy, and the deafening silence is making it worse. Well, you couldn't blame them. They made every preparation just to make the interview as smooth as possible, but they didn't expect that it would turn out this way.

'We're definitely going to fail...' Loid was pretty much the most dejected among the three. He mentally scolded himself for showing unnecessary emotions during the interview, which caused the situation to completely go south. 'Yet another blunder as a spy...'

Yor stood up and softly said, "I'll brew us a tea or something..."

She went to the kitchen, leaving the two in the living room.

"Father." Anya spoke. "I'm sorry. I didn't do better on the exam."

Loid lets out a small sigh, then said, "It's okay, Anya. You don't have to apologize. You don't want to go to that school, right?"

Anya went to her 'father' and pressed her face against his thigh whilst clutching his pants. "Anya wants to go to school. I have to go to school..."

Or the mission will fail, and you'll leave me... she said in her mind.

'If she doesn't pass, then this life will be... Well, I was just concerned about this interfering with my work, that's all...' Yor thought as she finished pouring the tea to each cup. Wait, why was she worried about it?

She sets that thought aside and went back to the living room. She then placed down the tray to the table.

"Hmm... But honestly, there's no way we could pass." Loid declared, causing Anya to gasp loudly.

"I-I'm sure it will work somehow! Please have faith!" Yor persuaded.

"The old men with glasses and one glass were nice people!" Anya added.

"She's right!" Yor agreed. "I'm sure they'll cover for us! Let's believe in them!"

Loid sighed. A spy should believe in nothing but himself. He must always prepare for the worst case scenario.

'I want to be with them forever!' Anya's voice came to his mind.

'But, yeah, maybe I should...' Loid thought. "Right. Whatever will be, will be. For now, let's just say we've done a great job on the exam."

Anya and Yor's mood shifted from gloomy to happy in a flash. The three of them then took a cup and held it for a toast.

"To fhe the bright future of our family!" Loid declared.

Thud!

They looked over to where it came from, only to see their 'family' picture on lying flat on the floor.

"Our family picture fell..." Yor said.

"It did..." Twilight affirms.

Is it perhaps a warning to them? It may be just a superstition, but somehow, it made them worried.

---

Somewhere in Berlint, Ostania
2030 Hours

Viper is now on a beach, watching the sea, feeling the cold wind brush against him and listening as the waves crashed against the shore. The sea glistened like thousands of tiny jewels as the moon's light bounced off the surface.