Chapter 5: An Eventful Night

Berlint, Ostania – Anchorhead Harbor
1805 Hours

Later that Saturday night, Twilight went to the mission area on time. Accompanying him were Viper and Franky. Viper equipped a full combat gear, while Twilight simply wore a black suit. He has a tuxedo underneath it, and he can't afford to get it soiled.

"With that being said..." Twilight started. "We must get this over with quickly so that I can make it to the party."

"Wait, wait! Why am I here? I'm just an informant, bro! I'm no fighter! You owe me a lot for my services, too!" Franky complained, which is completely understandable since he was dragged here against his will. "You and Viper could do this without me!"

"Well, I also have a 'family dinner' with Python and Aeries after this one, so an extra asset could help us out." Viper explained. "Besides, the stolen  goods are worth three million dalc in total. No one would notice if they're missing one or two."

Franky's mood shifted quickly. "Leave it to me. I've invented spy items for a rainy day like this!"

'What a handy bloke.' Twilight remarked.

Viper looks around the harbor using a pair of binoculars. 'Three... six... nine... forty-three. Three are armed with LMGs.'

"Vehicle inbound, right side." Twilight said.

Viper looked to the location Twilight pointed out. "Good spot. Parking here sucks. Wait..."

Viper adjusts the focus of the lenses, then carefully anatomized the individuals who got out of the car.

"What do you see?" Franky asked.

"The buyer. We've got positive ID." Viper confirms. "Let's go – get evil. Clock's ticking."

"What's our timeframe?"

"Mine? An hour or less. Twilight's event is earlier than me, so we need to hurry up. Let's go."

Using a grappling hook, Viper grappled down the building. He knelt down and raised his rifle with a silencer on the muzzle, assuming a combat position while Twilight and Franky followed after.

Viper signals the two that they will go loud shortly. Twilight nods and readies his silenced pistol, while Franky gulps and hoped for the best. Viper helds out three fingers, then counted from three to one.

They raised their masks to hide their faces, then moved slowly behind a container. Viper took a grenade from his vest, pulls out the pin, and rolls it to the crowd.

Boom!

The grenade went off which was followed by the screams of the unlucky ones who got hit with the shrapnels. Franky covered his ears, while the two agents began their work.

Viper and Twilight peeked from their cover, then shot the armed men before they could fight back. The other ones spotted them, but they were quickly gunned down.

"Clear." Viper said.

"All clear." Twilight replied.

The trio advanced to the small container placed in a trolley cart. They took a brief look inside and confirms that it was indeed the stolen jewelry. Franky cheers for a bit and went to get one.

Just then, gunshots erupts in different directions as bullets came whizzing past them. The curly informant screams in terror and pushed the container, moving it away from the furball.

"Son of a-!" Viper didn't have the time to curse. He hid behind a container, getting pinned down by another group of armed men.

Thinking quickly, the agent went around the container and flanked their side, then shot each one of them to their vital parts, killing them instantly.