Episode 2 part 2

Simon was standing right in front of me in the doorway and looked at me in astonishment. "Wille?" he asked overwhelmed with the situation.

He looked so stunningly beautiful standing a bit lost in the doorway wearing a red christmas sweater and wide blue jeans. Some of his curls fell on his forehead, he looked so handsome that i couldn't help but stare at him and admire his beauty. When it got weird at some point, I somehow managed to get an embarrassed "Hi"out of me.
He smiled, probably finding the situation just as awkward as I did.
He took a step to the side and motioned for me to come in.
I followed him into the warmth and he closed the door behind him.

"I tried to call you...," Simon said.

"Yeah,  I switched off my cellphone, because of all the notifications I'm getting right now, due to that statement I made on instagram. Wait, do you even know what I'm talking about? Did you read it yet?" I asked anxiously.

"If I have read it at all? Seriously, Wille? They talk about nothing else in the media anymore," he teased.

"Well, that's on me I guess...Simon, I'm so sorry for what I've put you through. I know I hurt you badly when I denied us and I don't think I can apologize enough for that," I explained.

He lowered his head and looked at the floor for a moment before he looked me in my eyes again and said, "Yes, you hurt me a lot and I felt very alone and betrayed, because of what you did, especially because you said that we were in this together but in the end we... we were not. But in the last few days I tried to put myself in your shoes too. I'm not saying that you made the right decision but I get it. You're under a lot of pressure and people expect certain things from you. I now understand how much you really have to bear. I'm still hurt but...I understand. Listen. I'm so proud of you, I know that coming out is hard, it was even hard for me to take this step and I have a very supporting and loving family, so I can't imagine how you must have felt. And you just came out to...well to the whole world. So, yeah, I'm really proud of you. Besides that statement was very lovely, my mom even cried reading it." He chuckled and was smiling now, as he took a step forward and moved a little bit closer to me. We were now standing in front of each other, only about 2 feet keeping us apart.

"Thank you...," I blushed and looked down at my shoes to avoid eye contact.

"What made you change your mind, though? Why did you do it now?" he wanted to know.

I tried to break it down, "Well...Basically because my parents wanted to pair me off with some girl and, well, I didn't want that. And after I refused to pretend going out with her I had this big fight with my mom and then I ran off to the cemetery to talk to my dead brother about it and then this...this bird came and then I-I realized that I shouldn't have to live this way. And then this stupid thought about me deserving happiness entered my wrecked brain and yeah... I realized that all I want and care about is you... I knew before that I love you, but I just didn't have the courage to make our relationship public. I was afraid of what other people would think and say about me. I should have realized before that it doesn't matter what other people think of me as long as I do what makes me happy. I could have avoided hurting you like that. I'm so sorry Simon for what you had to go through because of me. And I'm...I'm sorry for only caring about my own reputation and for not asking you how you're feeling about being all over the media and being followed by the paparazzi. I..." I paused because he was grinning at me. Why was he smiling so mischievously now?

"Shut up," he smilingly shushed me in the middle of my apology as he pulled me closer to him, so that our faces were only inches away from each other. He put his hands on my neck and placed his lips on mine.

Oh my god. He just kissed me.

I've been wistfully imagining this moment for the last few days and I couldn't believe this was actually happening. The moment his lips touched mine, I felt like electricity surged through my entire body. I was afraid I would never feel his lips on mine again, but here we were, moving our lips simultaneously.

His lips were just as soft as I remembered them.
I kissed him back with all that I had.
I placed one hand on his waist and the other on his back, pulling him even closer as we kissed.  That kiss was so passionate and yet so innocent, so vulnerable and yet so powerful.

After the long-awaited and intense reunion kiss, we were both speechless and a little out of breath.

We looked at each other and I lost myself in his beautiful eyes. I rested my forehead against his and we stayed like that for a while, just taking in each other's presence and listening to each other's irregular and agitated breathing.

His forehead was warm in contrast to mine, which was still cold from outside. This warmth emanating from his forehead and his warm breath brushing my lips completely enveloped me. I felt safe and home with him.

Simon then pulled me into a tight hug and I pulled him even tighter to me. I was afraid that if I let go I would lose him again, that he would just slip out of my arms and be gone. I clung to his sweater and pressed his torso against mine, resting my head on his shoulder. He seemed to sense my fear of losing him because he rubbed my back soothingly to calm me down. Then he lifted his head from my shoulder and turned it slightly so that I could feel his breath brushing my ear.

"I love you," he whispered in my ear.

Oh. My. God. He just said it. He just confessed his love to me.
That's how it must feel when someone tells you you've won the lottery. I wanted to scream with happiness and jump around the room like a little child who was just told they're going to the playground.
My heart was racing and uncontrollably the biggest smile crept onto my face. But instead of saying it back, I decided to tease him a little bit.

"I hope you have a nice Christmas," I deadpaned and tried to suppress the smile on my face.

"Oh, fuck you," he replied annoyed. "I was overwhelmed and didn't know how to react. It was really hard for me not to say it back, part of me desperately wanted it, but the sane part of me told me to give you time to clear things up first. If I had said it, I couldn't have suppressed my feelings any longer and then I couldn't have gone through with the 'I don't want to be a secret' thing much longer. Still, it was really difficult to hold myself back from kissing you right there. Well, and then I came up with the most stupid response to a love confession...," he apologized with an innocent grin on his face.

He was right not to say it back but still it broke my goddamn heart.

I decided that I had teased him enough for now and not to keep him in suspense any longer and to finally give him an appropriate answer to his declaration of love.

"I love you too," I confessed as I went in for another kiss.

But we were interrupted by a throat clear just before our lips touched again. Our heads snapped to the side to see who ruined this moment. I felt my face blush when I saw Linda and Sara standing right in front of us.

//

I didn't think anyone would even read this story and now we have more than 250 reads. Thank you to each and every one of you who reads my story. I love reading your comments, they always make me very happy and thank you for voting for my story.