Episode 3 part 2

"Wille, what's your shoe size?" Simon practically yelled from the direction of the skate rental.

I tried to ignore him while paying for the tickets but couldn't help but chuckle as I walked towards him.
Malin and Isak however headed for the kiosk next to the rental station to probably get themselves coffee or tea or something.
An old man with a white beard at the skate rental behind the counter was just handing over skates in his size to Simon and then looked over at me expectantly.

"Ehm...41," I hesitated.

He turned around and grabbed a pair of skates in my shoe size from a shelf and handed them to me. "Here you go. I wish you guys much fun," he said.

"Thank you. You too." I answered.

Oh my god. I'm so stupid. This is so embarrassing. I stood there like an idiot while Simon burst out laughing and the old man was trying to hold in a laugh too.

"Thank you," the man joked but smiled very nicely.

Embarrassed, I grabbed Simon's arm and dragged him away with me.

"I'm such an embarrassement. Why do you like me again? I'm not even able to handle simple social interactions," I stated and laughed at myself.

Simon laughed too,"It wasn't even that bad. It was actually really nice. I'm sure he has a lot of fun at work too" He patted me on my back and chuckled before we both sat down at a bench to tie our skates.

I was ready before him. Simon was still struggling with his laces because somehow he had managed to get his laces tied weirdly together.

"Wait, let me help you," I offered and bent over to his skate. Simon leaned back and was watching me while I unravelled his laces and neatly tied his skates.

"Thank you. Did you skate before?" he wanted to know.

"Yes, I used to go ice skating with Erik when I was a kid. But as he became more preoccupied with his role as crown prince, we didn't go as often. But I could actually force him to skate with me at least once every winter," I said and smiled as I remembered that I had to beg him for the last few years to go with me and that I stood in his room in my winter jacket and pulled him away from his desk last year. But we always had a lot of fun. It sort of became our thing.

"I only went ice skating with school once and I kept falling all the time. So I think I will need your help," he explained.

"Let's see maybe you're not that bad," I said as I stepped on the ice surface. "Come on," I added.

As I looked around  I saw two young figure skaters that were practicing some spins and jumps and a boy in hockey shoes skating really fast and nearly running over a little girl.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm coming," he answered a bit annoyed and followed me on the slippery surface.

He immediately grabbed the wall and looked a bit frightened over to me. "Why exactly did I agree on this?" Simon joked.

"Here, take my hand. We're skating together, okay? I'm gonna teach you," I replied.

He took my hand and let go of the wall. I slowly started to skate forward a bit and pulled him behind me.

"Look...," I said and lifted my right foot and then my left. "Don't be afraid. I've got you,"

He hesitated but eventually tried to imitate my steps. He was still very unsteady but after two rounds of slowly and cautiously skating around the rink we managed to skate a bit faster.

"We're doing good," I stated after passing a mom with her child.

"Wait. That kid we just passed had a
pushing aid. I could have gotten that too?" he asked in astonishment.