Episode 4 part 4

I spent the next few days after our television appearance in the palace making all sorts of preparations for my role as crown prince. I was very busy with mom, who looked at me like I was the family disappointment whenever I didn't know something or got a congressman's name mixed up. I hated every single second of it. I was on a tight schedule. My 'royal academy', as I called it, started early in the morning and ended late in the evening. That's why I always called Simon late in the evening and we then talked until one or two in the morning. I was accordingly tired when I had to get up, but it was worth it to me to have to drink an extra cup of coffee in the morning.

"Hey, do you wanna go to a New Year's party with me tomorrow? -Well, today...You know what I mean," The clock told me it was already past one. I've been on the phone with Simon for hours. We had just talked about our childhood and how it wasn't great for either of us.

"I know that parties aren't really your favorite thing and it's how you would call it 'a party full of rich prats' but I've been going to it with my brother the last two years. It's every year and there'll be some of my relatives and some other well...rich prats," I chuckled.

"Yes, you know what...why not?" Simon answered.

I smiled as an answer but then realised that he could't see my smile over the phone. Idiot. "I'm looking forward to seeing you again...and kissing you of course,"

"You're so clingy,  sweetheart " Simon teased me.

We arrived at the party at 10pm. Mom let me end my 'royal academy' earlier today. She also had to leave earlier with dad because of a benefit gala at a friend's house.

Simon was wearing one of my shirts. He stopped by at mine before, to pick out an outfit from my closet. He said that he had 'literally nothing to wear for the party'

I didn't mind it though. It was a way of showing that he was mine.

My cousin Henrik booked the same  party location as last year a bit out of town.

"You ready?" I asked and looked at my boyfriend. We were standing at the entrance already hearing the muffled music through the door.

"Ready when you are," Simon fiercely said while staring to the door.

"Phones!" A man in a suit yelled over the noise at the entry and pointed over to a box full of cellphones.

"Why do we have to give up our phones?" Simon asked me as we both put our phones in the box.

"Some people here -like me- can't get into a drunk, drug or sex scandal," I explained, winking at him at the last part.

"Yeah, that makes sense"

It was hot and sticky inside.

The speaker played really loud thumping music, the popular stuff...

There were empty cups and cans laying on the floor waiting for someone to trip over them.

We kind of managed to make our way through the crowd to the bar. There were definitely more people than last year.

I was just about to buy us something to drink when someone put an arm around my shoulder.

"Wilhelm! Long time no see. How are you, little cousin?"

"Oh. Hi. I'm good, thanks. Errr. Henrik, this is Simon" I said pointing to my left where my boyfriend was standing.

"Simon as in sex scandal Simon?" Henrik asked excited.

"Excactly," I chuckled.

"Hi," Simon said as he shook hands with my cousin.
I really like Henrik. He is always fun to hang out with. He's probably the only one of my relatives that I like. The others are all fake.

"Wilhelm do you know if August is coming? You're going to the same boarding school thing together, right? I haven't seen him yet," Henrik asked me.

My jaw clenched at the mention of his name.

"Nah, sorry. I don't know if he's coming," I really hoped he wouldn't.

We carried on for a few minutes with smalltalk until Henrik excused himself from our conversation because his girlfriend was calling for him.

Eventually everyone got pretty drunk. Some were already staggering through the crowd. I drank too, but not that much. I was actually still sane, which couldn't be said of some others. Simon stayed sober. He once told me he didn't drink because of his father and I respected that.

We danced and jumped to the music like there was no tomorrow.
Sometimes a few friends...Well actually not friends -people I knew  came over to us to make some smalltalk, but since most of them were already waisted or high and the pounding music made you repeat everything you said, the conversation was rather pointless.
But they were all very nice, a forced kind of nice but I was used to it. I actually think that they could be very nice but they're afraid of saying the wrong thing or disagreeing with me which made it seem a bit put on. Sadly this effect has increased immensely since I became crown prince.

I was a little disappointed that no one seemed to care that Erik wasn't here. He had always been very popular with everyone. My brother always talked, drank and danced with everyone. But nobody mentioned that he wasn't here today. The subject was skilfully ignored in every conversation. Well, I guess talking about dead people is kind of a mood killer...

"10"
Somebody shouted
"9"
The others joined.
"8"
I hadn't even noticed that it was getting so late.
"7"
I looked over to Simon who was shouting the countdown at the top of his lungs.
"6"
I still couldn't really realize that I was about to start the new year with him.
"5"
It felt so unreal.
"4"
Simon looked at me.
"3"
He took my hand and intertwined our fingers.
"2"
I put my free hand on his back...
"1"
...and kissed him.

And by the time the clock marked midnight everybody cheered and screamed around us and I was just so so happy I could die.

//

Short chapter but I hope you liked it anyway. That's also the last holiday chapter for Wilhelm and Simon.
They are returning to school in the next one. So be excited...

Thanks for reading my story and being patient with me and my updates <3