Some Day for Heartbreak Isn't It?

Percy P.O.V

The war changed all of us. Some of us in a good way, and others in a bad. Demigods were lost, battles were fought, and we've all become mature adults that the gods could be proud of. Well... most of us anyways.

"Peeeercyyyyy! Have you seen my favorite wrench?" the son of Hephaestus whined.

"I think I saw Conner and Travis with it buddy," I snickered.

Leo's eyes went wide as saucers as he turned and ran towards Hermes cabin. Maybe I wasn't so mature either. I was currently holding Leo's favorite wrench hostage in my cabin after all.

I shook my head silently. Annabeth certainly left nothing to be desired when it came to maturity. She had always been that way. Smart, sophisticated, and still way out of my league. Yet here we are, boyfriend and girlfriend in a happy relationship.

"They said they didn't have it," Leo said, panting from his run across the lawn.

"Hey don't you have to leave to see Calypso in a little?" I asked, trying to change the subject.

Leo looked at his watch and yelped. "Holy Hephaestus you're right! I have to go! If you see my wrench let me know please!" Leo called, already halfway to his sailboat The Fireball.

Apparently, Calypso couldn't leave the island when Leo tried to rescue her. Invisible barrier stuff that Leo tried to break but couldn't. He pleaded with the gods to let her go, but they refused. They eventually compromised and gave him special navigation so he would get there faster and more efficiently. He would set out on the journey every Wednesday, bringing her news and new things to do to keep her entertained. He brought scrabble once and she flipped out, going into a frenzy as she knew all these old timey words that Leo didn't and ended up being a metaphorical goddess at the game.

I went back to my cabin to collect Leo's wrench and stored it away by his bed in Hephaestus cabin. I didn't want to keep it if he needed it. I exited the cabin, saying a greeting to Nyssa.

"Percy!"

I turned and saw the brown headed daughter of Aphrodite running up to me with a smile on her face.

"Hey Piper," I greeted, smiling.

"Hey Water Boy. Have you seen Jason?" she asked.

I rolled my eyes at the nickname but pointed to the stables. "I saw him go in there about an hour ago. I don't know if he's come out yet," I shrugged.

"Alright thanks. Tell Annabeth I say hi if you see her," Piper smiled, jogging off towards the stables.

Speaking of Annabeth, I had to find her. That was where I was going in the first place after all. I strolled over to Athena cabin and poked my head inside, seeing one of Annabeth's sisters.

"Hey Claire, do you know where Annabeth is?" I asked.

She looked up, startled, but smiled at me. "Last I heard she was heading to archery but I thought I saw her head to the stables," she shrugged, going back to reading her book.

I said thank you and decided to try archery first. She wasn't there and an Apollo kid said he'd been there for the past hour and hadn't seen her. I shrugged off the lingering feeling of dread in my stomach and started towards the stables. Maybe since Claire had seen her go there I should have tried that first.

I was about to go up the hill when I saw Piper sprint out towards the woods. I had no idea what had spooked her so much but I ran after her, hoping she was alright.

"Piper!" I called. I got hit in the face with a branch but I kept going.

"Piper!"

She finally tired at a hill and sat down, sobbing into her knees. I sped over to her and knelt down, pulling her into my chest, fearing the worst.