chapter 16

You wake up and look at the date before groaning. It's been exactly twenty-eight days since the last torturing meaning that it will start again today.

So grumpaly you get up and het yourself ready for the day before heading to the kitchen to make  breakfast. Feeling lazy you mearly poor a bowl of cereal and use the last of the milk.

Oops.

Later that day you are watching a movie with Nat in one of the less used common rooms. As the credits start to roll Nat looks at you with her I-Know-Somthing-And-You-Know-It-Too look. "So y/n."

"So Natasha"

She half smiles at your attempt at a joke as she speaks "You havent had any pain beyond your period today. No torture and its due today"

You sigh in half relief as you point out, "you sound disappointed Nat"

She rolls her eyes. "No I don't and you know it I was just wondering what had happned has your soulmate..." She draws a finger accros her neck.

You shudder at the possibility. "I don't think so. People who have felt the pain of losing their soulmates have said that its like thier insides have been turned out and unless that feels exactly like cramps I dont think so."

Natasha smiles in relief "that's good your a good person y/n-"

"I'm insulted"

She continued as of you hadn't interrupted. "-and you dont deserve that."

You smile at the obviously heartfelt declaration from Nat. From Natasha that was a rare thing and you took it for the dimond that it was, and gave her a big hug. "Thanks Nat. I really apreciate it"

"Of course but I'd go hide if I were you cap lets you off daily training for this week and you should take advantage of that" she says cheekily.

With a jolt you jump up and race to your suit to hide from red-white-and-bruises.

You spend a very nice week in your rooms happily enjoying many hot baths, that had previously been a pain.

On your third season of a show on Netflix you hear a knock on the door. Not knowing who it was you call out "who is it?" When the voice of your favourite redhead responds you walk over and unlock the door.

"Hiyah Nat-" you break off when you see the look of furry I her face. "Er what did I do?"

She stomps over to your couch and collapses in a heap of sweat and bruises. "I am going to kill Steve."

"Oh dear what did he do?" You ask walking to your drawers and pulling out an outfit that was actually hers in the first place but you had kidnapped.

Gratefully she accepts The clothes and walks over to your bathroom. "Spangles decided that we should have a compatition to see who could fight off the most of the other avengers at once. Only Bruce was exuded because he started looking a little green at the suggestion."

You hear the water turn on as she continues. "And you of course. You better be glad I like you or I'd kill you for getting out of this."

You quietly have Jarvis pull up footage and skip through to the point at which Nat was kicking ass, confirming your suspicions. "Yeah yeah. Complain all you want but you won against those guys like the girlboss you are."

Your only answer to that was a grumble before silence fell from the shower, so you pressed start on your movie.

However a few minuets later you hear a sound that takes you a few seconds to identify. Then you realise thatvits Natasha singing an old Russian luliby.