Chapter 18

"I have never seen anything like this! Its honestly ingenious!"

"Well I'm relived that somone finds my pain interesting" you say sarcastically.

The medic (who's name turned out to be Alex) blushed hotly. "I didnt mean it like that. Its just- well-"

You laugh at the expression of horror on their face. "I was joking. Dont worry I won't stab you." You pause. "Unless I need to"

Alex lets out a brief laugh and turns back to the screen they were working on. "Well I'll try my hardest not to make you then." After a moment of silence they speak again. "You know, I didnt expect you to be so... Normal?"

You frown. "What do you mean?"

They sigh before answering. "I just mean that- well the only thing the public knows about you guys, the avengers, is that you save the world on a constant basis." They run their hands through their hair. "And really the newscaster brobably has never even talked to any of you but thats all we see."

They look at you as if asking to continue, so you nod your go ahead. "From what us regular people can tell you guys just fight. We dont know anything about your personalities and for all we can tell y'all dont have a sense of humor, but after spending these few hours with you I can tell that its not true."

You nod in understanding. "I think I understand." After a pause you grin. "Mabye I'll convince the rest of the team to turn their Show Off accounts to public if I ever get these bullets out and the feeling brought back into my arm and leg" with a grimace you gesture with your right arm to the offending appendages.

A guilty expression covers their face. "Yeah I should probably pull those out now."

Time skip brought to you by Jay being a genious and annoying his teacher.

Its been three weeks since the bullets were removed and after a week of not being able to move your left arm and right leg the recovery proses had gone well and you were close to being allowed home.

Alex walks into the privet med room that you had been staying in. "I have to admit that I'll miss you." They say giving you a friendly smile.

You return the smile as well as saying. "Well I may have to have you flown in to New York anyway, I left my phone at the tower and havent been able to contact Natasha in three weeks so I might need a doctor after she's done with me"

Alex laughs. "Hopfully she will understand and if she dosnt I will save your life again. . . if I can shes scarily good at her job."

Considering that you cant argue with that you begin to speak of another subject but are interupted by a shield agent, who was coming to inform you that you would be leaving in a little under an hour.

With a polite 'thank you' from both you and Alex the gaurd leaves the room. "So anything You want to do before getting out of here?"

At one glance at you're smirking face they know that may not have been such a great question.

Under an hour later a guard escorted you to the quin-jet. "Thanks love!" You pat his cheek playfully as he raises an eyebrow in bewilderment.

Sighing You crawl into the jet and settle down, pulling out a book you protest for the long flight.

Time skip brought to you by Morgan being a badass and saving Pen man from the bad guy.

Your take a deep breath as the aircraft lands on the top of the evengers tower. As the doors lower the assassin launches herself at you as you go into defensive mode.

Natasha smacks your head repeatedly with your ancient copy of 'Alice in Wonderland' "You. are. so. dead. miss l/n." Each word being punctuated by a new attempt to end your life.

So doing the brave superhero thing you crouch down onto your knees "OW OW TAHSA YOU KILLING MEEEE"

After two more smacks she gives you a hug. "I thought you were dead n/n! All I could get from Fury over the phone was that your predicament was 'classified' that assinine Pirate is going to die"

Laughing as the other Avengers come up to the roof -Clint crawling out of an AC cover- and rush at you, Tony yelling somthing about thinking you were dead and never getting good baked goods again.

"Good to know that my baking at least is enjoyed if not me as myself." you say flatly.

Tony gives his best puppy eyes. "Aww come on Y/n you know we all love you!" He unnessesaraly elbows Thor who gives him a confused glance.

"We do indeed greatly appreciate your presance just as much as your cookies and such!" He grabs you into a tight hug in which you squeek,

"Ouch ouch Thor I need to breath! Also I have been shot multiple times please." As he lets go you groan at the sudden opening of stitches. "Alright who wants to put my stiches back in?"

That night your exhausted form passes out in bed at somwhere around 3am, thought not even strangely late as you might usually stay up the physical taxation on your body caused you to sleep until noon the next day.

As you wander groggily into the kitchen to make a bowl of cereal your brain finnaly clicks with the fact that Thor was back from asgard. Wanting to hear the latest gossip you enter into one of the multiple living spaces to eat before finding Thor.

Only to find a raven haired man wearing a suit standing by a window, instantly assuming that he was a threat you go into defensive mode you throw up your shields and call out a challenging, "WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU?!"

He turns to you and gives a curious smirk. "I am Loki, prince of Asgard god of mischief lies and storytelling"

You meet at last~

Bye bye my little vulcan potatoes!

Live long and prosper! 🖖

~owns a hundred yearold copy of alice in wonderland 💪