chapter 21

Without quite realizing it, the avengers had migrated from the dining room and into the connecting living area. Though none would admit it upon the next morning, they were all ensnared by the newest instalment to the tower, and not the singing toster oven.

The time was nearer to one a.m. when the team of heroes finally retired for the night, though a few were tempted to stay even further.

You were one of the last to leave, near to tears at the latest account of the Escapades Of Thor And Loki (trade mark) 

"You cant really expect me to belive that this guy," you gesture to the god of thunder. "Mister 'I'm so honorable and a god amidst you' accidentally scored a quadruple date?"

Thor shakes his head laughing nearly as Hard as you, face bright red. "Unfortunatly for all included, my brother does not embellish this story."

You clutch at your stomach trying to relive the cramps that accompany an overdose of laughter. "What the fuck? I mean, I understand mistakes but four? Why?"

Loki chuckles, "Ever the oaf is my brother, and quite popular among those who speak an easy bed and updated status."

"The god of thunder, is a playboy. God? Playgod? That dose not have the same ring to it." You rub your eyes and stifle a yawn. "Unfortunatly for me I'm fucking exhausted, so I'll be off to bed."

Thor shoves yet another brownie into his mouth, sighing regrettably at the now empty pan. "I do hope that you shall craft these again n/n."

Giving a side glance at Loki you answer. "Maybe, I hope I can get the same result." To the storyteller you add, "And I hope that we get more tales of Asgard in the future, I haven't laughed that hard in forever."

Loki's only response to that is a nod.

"Thor you're on cleaning duty." And with that you head to bed, not getting far before the thunder god catches up with you.

"Lady -err- Y/n! Wait!"

You side hop to avoid being run into. "You better not be here to argue about cleaning."

"Nay, I wanted to thank you" at your questioning eyebrow he runs a hand through his golden hair. "For listening so long to my brother, it has been a long while since he last allowed himself to slip into his role as storyteller."

Thor shifts on his feet and continues. "I am relived that he is not closing himself off of course but..."

Smiling you pat his arm in understanding. "I was really enjoying the story's. especially your quadruple date."

Thor nods. "Yes, I figured that you were not feigning interest. But I feel I must give you extra warning, I do not know what tricks my brother may be playing at any given point. I wish I could belive that he is being pleasant beacause he genuinely regrets his actions, but I cannot exclude the possibility that he may be trying to manipulate everyone."

"Don't worry Thor, I'm not exactly the most trusting person I know" you nudge his arm as the two of you continue the trek to your room.

He lets out a sigh. "That is prehaps why I must warn you especially. The rest of the team met Loki while he was on his tirade, and none trust him. You didn't and so connot fully comprehend what he might do."

"Well, maybe thats a good thing." You say stoping to look at Thor. "I've never known him, no emotional entanglement or past grudges to cloud my judgement. I can watch Loki -since I've been forcefully volunteered as babysitter- and see if he is truly being well behaved or if he's hot an underlying child eating persona."

"All the same, I do hope you will consult with us on any behavior?"

You nod your agreement. "Dont worry Thor, I've been stabed in the back enough times to know when to wear a backpack."

At his confused expression you wave your hand around. "Ignore that maybe, its to late for me to form a cognitive sentence."

He nods and turns to head back to the kitchen, although somewhat reluctantly.

Much to his surprise however he finds Loki halfway through wiping (ato correct changed that into "whooping") the tabletop. "Oh hello brother, you left me unguarded"

Thor quickly scans the room before returning his eyes to Asgard's younger prince. "What have you done?"

Loki tsks "Really now, cant you see I'm cleaning? Have you forgotten? I am here to, quote, 'serve Midgard in any way possable, weather by great deeds or small ones' and so I am"

Still suspicious Thor peaks into the kitchen. Seeing nothing but a stack of dishes he lets the subject drop. "I see"

After scrubing up a sticky spot on the table Loki nods in the direction of the kitchen. "You will have to wash the dishes however. I much doubt I would be very effective with these" he overexageratingly shakes the clunky devices on his wrists.

Thor's eyes flash with quickly stifled pity. "It's your own fault that you're in those. If had not been such a fool- oh do not start a fight, we were having a nice evening"

Silence takes the room as the two gods continue to clean, punctuated only by Thor's occasional curse at the sticky properties of gravy and egg yolk.

After the mess is cleared and the lights turned out Thor leads Loki to the room oposit his own. "Here is your room. Im right over there, so if you need me ask Friday"

"The door will lock I assume?" At his brother's conformation he nods in approval. "I suppose I should be thankful that I am not locked in another glass cage."

As Thor turns to his door Loki stops him again."For what it's worth, earlier, I swear I was not trying to start a fight"

"Would that I could belive you brother."

The mischief god settles into bed with a book from a table in the living room, though he finds himself unable to focouse his thoughts on the words on the page as they stray to the overheard conversation.

Bye bye my little vulcan potatoes!
Live long and prosper! 🖖