Extermination

Anelie waited until dark before taking care of the rats so that she knew she wouldn't run into anybody on the street.  She made sure to bring her magic pipe with her. She looked at her magic pipe, admiring it as she did, looking at its intricate designs on the pipe of gold.  She put it to her mouth and began playing it even before leaving her room in the inn she was staying at.  The tune was upbeat, which will gain the rats attention and then hypnotizing them with its music.  That's how it works.   The magic takes affect once the audience listens to the music.    The magic pipe is a hypnotizing instrument.

She played all the way down the stairs, and out the inn door to the street called Hamelin Street. Once she started playing her magic pipe, the rats heard the music and gathered together on Hamelin Street in lines one behind the other. There were many, many rats that gathered together listening to the hypnotizing waves of the magic pipe's music.

She was walking through Hamelin Street and went to take a look between two houses as she thought she heard some noise like someone was being chased.  To her surprise, it was the mayor and some lady she didn't know.

"You must help us.  Please!"  the mayor begged her.  He grabbed onto her in a panic not noticing that there were rats following her or that he caused her to stop playing her magic pipe when he grabbed onto her.  However, during that lasting time without the music playing the rats came to their senses and began to scatter.  The rats that escaped went and called for the big rats.  These rats smelled like death.  They were huge rats, the size of an adult human and even some of their skin was rotting off.

Zombies!  Anelie thought.  Crud!  Really?!  She noticed something else afterwards.  The rat zombies brought over more zombies.  More of the same.  She didn't like this.  Not one bit.  They wouldn't feel pain and they were rather quick.  She looked behind the mayor and the woman and saw another zombie coming towards them.  She suspected the number of rats and zombies was well over five hundred.  If she were to count all of them, she would most likely have died so she just gave a guess.  Guess I have to change tactics, she thought.

As she was bringing her magic pipe up to her mouth, a huge zombie snuck up on her followed by another zombie.

"Look out!" the woman shouted.  She called out just in time for Anelie to notice and summersault away from the attack.

Anelie put her hand on the ground and did a flip in the air, landing on both feet.  Right after she landed, she tried to play her magic pipe, a different song this time.  A darker tune.  However, it didn't work.  The zombies weren't affected by the tune, although the regular rats were, but the zombies definitely needed to be taken care of.  Zombies were the first priority as they had the ability to infect others to become zombies just like them.  This time two zombies came at her at the same time.  She jumped high in the air and did a flip over one of the zombie's head.  She landed and began her darkest tune immediately which ended up affecting every rat and zombie around, making them stop what they were doing and obey the magic pipe.

The mayor and woman who was with him didn't follow her as she left.  Seeing that the zombies and rats were following her and coming towards her and leaving them alone they felt safer.  The mayor and woman watched from where they separated from Anelie and watched as she dealt with the horde of rats and zombies following her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All the rats and zombies danced and followed her all the way down the street and into the water of Weser River. She saw as she walked in front of them and led the rats, all the dead bodies from the plague, still strewn out, that haven't been buried yet. She felt sad about them, but she didn't stop playing her magic pipe until all the rats and zombies were too deep in the water to swim back in time. Too late, the rats and zombies realized that they were going to drown or just perish if you're a zombie. The rats struggled, gasping for air, until they sank underwater and drowned.  The zombies didn't have the luxury of drowning as they were already technically dead in the first place.  She kept playing her magic pipe and changed it to another tune once all the non-zombies in the river were dead.  This tune was also a scary tune.  This was a tune that could instantly kill your enemies.  She played the tune and slashes of blood like what knife wounds would show became visible on the zombies.  It was not a pleasant sight to behold, and the tune just kept on playing until the zombies were all slashed up and unmoving in the water.

Once they rats drowned and the zombies were slashed into many pieces, she turned and left Weser River behind. She went back to the inn happy and excited to claim her reward of 1,000 guilders the next day from the mayor.

She fell into bed thinking, What a wonderful day tomorrow will bring. And went to sleep dreaming of the guilders she'll claim.