Prologue

"So?" Jake cocked an eyebrow before sipping from his champagne glass. "How did it go?"

Jay, one of his best friends, grinned before pulling out his phone to show him a picture. "The wedding is in three months"

Sunghoon and Jake gasped when they saw the ring Jay had used to propose to his high school sweetheart. It was a dainty silver band with a huge emerald in the middle, hugging the lean finger of the small boy perfectly.

"It suits Jungwon" Sunghoon nodded and took a big sip of his drink. "Congratulations man"

"Thanks" Jay smiled at his buddies. "What about you Jake? Still single?"

It had been a couple of months since the three boys, or shall I say men, hung out together. Because of their separate jobs, they hardly had time to see each other so there was obviously a lot of catching up to do.

"Yup," Jake said. "Single as always"

Sunghoon gave him a look before nodding. It's not like he never dated. He is 26, obviously he had partners before, but if you mean being in a serious relationship like Jay and Jungwon, then no. Even after Jay's constant efforts to set him up, Jake was never interested in settling down with anyone.

"I don't really have time for a boyfriend," Jake said, taking a bite of his steak. "I don't even have time to sleep these days."

That was true. Being a doctor is hard. Very hard, especially when you are the son of one of the best doctors in the country. There was a lot of pressure on him, considering the fact that he would be running his dad's hospital after five years.

"Can't relate" Sunghoon chuckled. His life was easy compared to Jake's. The same goes for Jay. They were rich CEOs who signed paperwork and earned cash. They worked hard, yes, but Jake's medical training is next level hard.

"How is Sunoo?" Jake asked his friend who visibly tensed upon hearing this particular name.

"He is doing fine" Sunghoon replied, his lips forming a tight smile.

"Bring him to meet Jungwon someday. I think they'll get along well" Jay suggested and Sunghoon nodded.

Jake noticed the change in his friend's behavior but he didn't point it out. He wasn't sure but had his suspicions that Sunghoon wasn't really happy with Sunoo. Maybe he was reading too much? He doesn't know for sure.

"I think I'll leave first" Sunghoon stood up and slipped on his coat. "I need to pick up Sunoo."

He bent forwards and gave a quick hug to Jay and Jake and walked out of the terrace booth that was booked for them.

As soon as he was out of sight, Jake let out a breath and took a sip of his champagne. He was suddenly feeling hot and his cheeks had turned red, which couldn't go unnoticed by Jay.

"Still not over him huh?" Jay snickered and Jake just shrugged, not wanting to admit the obvious.

Twelve years. It has been twelve years since he met Sunghoon. For him, it was love at first sight. Even though he saw Sunghoon get into relationships during their school and college years like himself, he couldn't stop this warm feeling he was still not used to experiencing whenever he was near Sunghoon.

What he thought would fade away with time, only got strengthened, just like their friendship. And that's the problem. Jake wanted more but Sunghoon only considered him his friend. Best friend to be exact. After all, he had a boyfriend and best friends should remain best friends, right?

 Right?

Hopefully ya'll will like it~