Chapter-15

Eight years ago

Sunghoon tapped his left foot on the gravel pavement and checked his watch that read 10:30 pm. He sighed and craned his neck to look beyond the cars only to find darkness in all directions. He had received a call fifteen minutes ago from his bestfriend who had asked him to meet outside in the parking lot of their school. It had been around half an hour and Jake was no where to be found.

"Sung" a voice called out to the tall boy who quickly looked back in the direction of the sound and saw a small boy peeking his head from behind a car, gesturing him to come closer.

"What are you-"

"Shh" Jake put a finger on his lips and Sunghoon instantly shut up.

He tiptoed to where he was crouched down and whispered. "What are you doing here?"

Jake sighed and plopped his head on his friend's shoulder who had made himself comfortable on the floor beside him. "I cannot take this anymore"

"Did something happen?" Sunghoon patted his head and Jake scooted closer.

"She is so annoying" he said. "I can't stand her irritating ass"

Sunghoon chuckled quietly. "She tried to kiss you, didn't she?"

Jake didn't say anything. He played with the sleeves of his expensive white coat that he had specifically got tailored for today. You see, it's his senior prom aka the last prom of his life. He had no intentions of taking someone with him because Jay and Sunghoon said they were going as a group but his dear friend Jay abandoned them as soon as his little crush Jungwon showed up with some senior friends of his and as the love struck puppy he is, he had to go dance with him. And Sunghoon too went to socialize with his hockey team mates, leaving Jake alone with no company expect some clingy girls who were trying too hard to get in his pants.

"I seriously hate you" Jake eyed the taller who was still laughing. "I thought we were supposed to stick together."

"Sorry Jakey" Sunghoon said after he stopped laughing. "I saw you with a group of girls and thought you were having fun so I left you with them"

Jake rolled his eyes and Sunghoon slung an arm around him.

"How about we get out of here?" He suggested.

"I paid $50 for today" Jake shook his head.

"Says the one who has 50 million in his pocket right now" Sunghoon chuckled. "Come one Jake, get up"

Jake sighed and did as he was told. The boys dusted their expensive suits and walked towards a red convertible that belonged to Sunghoon. The three friends took his car and Jake had no regrets to leave their friend Jay behind. He deserves to walk home after he ditched them.

"You look really nice today" Sunghoon opened the shot gun door for Jake and winked at him. "I can see why she was interested in you"

Jake blushed. "You don't look too bad yourself."

Sunghoon smirked and started the ignition. He was wearing a charcoal black suit that enhanced his pale skin and sharp features.

"Where to?" Jake asked as soon as they were out of the school grounds.

"It's a suprise" Sunghoon smiled and stepped on the gas pedal, speeding on the almost empty roads to somewhere Jake could have never guessed.

The ride was silent. Just them enjoying the wind and the night scenery. Jake occasionally hummed a song or two here and there and Sunghoon couldn't help but smile. He found his best friend really adorable.