Chapter-8

He tapped his foot against the polished white marble floor and patiently waited for his boyfriend to show up. He had already made reservations at their once favorite restaurant a week ago because he was so excited to meet the boy he loved with his whole heart.  

Looking out the window, he could see tiny figures trudging along the pathway, most of them in pairs of twos. Doesn't it feel good to be out in this weather, taking a stroll with your loved ones, feeling nothing but happiness? Yeah, must feel good, not that he could relate.

"Shall we serve the food, Sir?" A man who looked to be in his late thirties came up to him and bowed politely. He had striking blue eyes and prominent features that could make anyone drop whatever work they were doing and get lost in his beauty, but what stole his attention wasn't his ethereal looks. It was his hands. Sunoo's eyes were fixed on his left hand which had a massive ruby ring on the finger right beside his pinky. An engagement ring, he guessed.

"Um," Sunoo cleared his throat once and tore his gaze away from the waiter's hands to finally look into his eyes which were indeed mesmerizing. "I'll wait for a bit longer"

The waiter bowed politely and turned to walk back.

"Wait" Sunoo doesn't know why he stopped the man from walking away but he had so many questions he wanted to ask him. What does it feel to be married? Did he marry his first love? Does their partner love him as much as he does? Was love worth a shot after your heart gets broken? Was love even real?

"Yes, Sir?" The man smiled at Sunoo.

"I-" Sunoo was about to start blabbering but he stopped himself. He seemed to have changed his mind. Maybe it was better to find answers to these questions on his own.

"Thank you for your services" He mumbled loud enough for the waiter to hear, who smiled and bowed once again before leaving him alone in the glass-walled room overlooking the Han River.

He waited. He waited for an hour before his patience ran out. But what did he even expect from his boyfriend? It has always been like this. He would show up late, then leave after spending like an hour or so with him. He never took him out on dates, he did but only when Sunoo asked him to, and even if they were fancy, their dates were never enjoyable. Sitting in silence, eating expensive food in uncomfortable clothes as if they were in a kdrama.

Now that he thinks about it, his boyfriend doesn't know the kind of stuff he likes. Maybe he has an idea, but he never bothered to get to know Sunoo better. Was he that boring? Unattractive? He doesn't know. What he knows is that this was definitely going to be their last fancy dinner together. Or any kind of dinner at all.

"Hi" a tall man dressed in a navy-blue suit walked into the room. "Did you wait for long?"

Sunoo just shook his head and didn't say anything. He hated himself for getting tongue-tied around him.

Sunghoon pulled out the chair opposite Sunoo and slid in. The younger watched him as he took off his coat and handed it to the woman who had appeared out of nowhere.

"How are you?" Sunghoon took a sip of his water and eyed the younger. "You haven't been answering your phone"

Sunoo knows. He was deliberately ignoring the older in hopes of moving on but his efforts went in vain. Sitting across a handsome Sunghoon who was wearing the clothes he had gifted him on his last birthday made Sunoo's heart flutter. His beautiful face and smile made him question his plans but Sunoo shrugged it off. No, he had to do it, no matter how hot Sunghoon looked tonight.

"I was unwell" he replied.

"What happened?" Sunghoon asked, worry obvious in his eyes but Sunoo didn't pay any attention to it.