10

Meredith pulls up to a coffee shop, she is backing the biked into a space when a black Crown Victoria pulls up next to her. "Cops." Meredith mutters under her breath.

Meredith walks into the coffee shop and scowls that there are no empty tables. As she is grabbing her coffee and orange-raspberry scone she bumps into some one next to her.

"I'm sorry." The man says beside her. "Hey! its you the girl from the bar."

"Hi, um....." Meredith looks at Derek and smiles trying not to laugh.

"Derek." Derek holds out his hand.

"Right, okay. Meredith." Meredith replies taking his hand.

"It looks like a table just opened up over there you want to sit down for a few minutes." Derek asked.

Meredith looks around before nodding. "Yeah, that would be nice."

Derek led Meredith to a small table; they both sat down eyeing each other.

"So Meredith what do you do?"

"I'm a security consultant." Meredith told him carefully as she guided the conversation away from her occupation. "So do you come here often?"

"No thought I would try something new. What about you?" Derek asked.

"Occasionally, they have good scones." Meredith smiled at Derek, enjoying the light conversation.

Meredith's phone beeped, she looked down and flipped it open.

"What?" Listening, she drank her coffee. "Okay, meet you there." Closing the phone Meredith stood up looking down at Derek. "I need to go." Meredith said grabbing her coat and walking for the door.

"Wait don't I get your number, last name?" Derek asked standing up.

"I'll see you around Derek." Meredith winked before walking out the door quickly.

Derek quickly gathered his things and walked out to where she was getting on her bike. "Meredith!" He shouted. "I can't take a chance that I will see you again. Please give me your number or meet me for dinner tonight at Canlis Restaurant at 8:00." He pleaded.

"I'll think about it. If I'm not there it was nice seeing you again." Meredith said as she took off down the street on the bike.

Walking over to his car Derek opens the door to his car. "It sure was." He sighs out as he gets in and starts his car taking off down the street.