18

As Alex creped up to the site with the car he shook his head. "Meredith, I don't like this I am getting a bad feeling about this. Maybe we need to scratch this job and find another one." Alex said slowly making his way up to the site.

"Oh come on Alex. Suck it up and be a man!" Callie says scoffing at him. "Wimp." She muttered under her breath.

"Callie shut it!" Meredith snapped at her. "You're already on thin ice. Don't make me push you in." Callie closed her mouth and looked straight ahead. Her hands smoothed down her top, her fingers brushing over wire she was wearing.

"Pull up there." Meredith told Alex.

"Okay I will." Callie started. But Meredith cut her off.

"You won't do shit." Meredith told her climbing out of the back seat. Mark following behind her. "Alex watch her like a hawk." Meredith whispers in the window.

In the building across the street Derek stood with his arms crossed when Meredith spoke. His face fell when he saw Meredith and Mark get out of the backseat. They disappeared into the building. No alarms went off, Derek looked at the video feed they had in the shop but the screen went black before the siblings appeared.

"Okay everyone, get ready. When they get to the car we will take them down."

"Derek, come on, your job is on the line." Cristina told him. Derek sighed and got in the back of group.

Meredith and Mark got back in the SUV quickly.

"Alex go!" Meredith yelled, she saw the outpouring of uniformed law enforcement across the street. Alex turned at the corner as Hunt fired off a shot attempting to stop the vehicle. "ALEX! Callie MOVE!" Callie wiggled around and finally got into the back seat Meredith climbed into the passenger seat, kneeling over she held her hand to Alex's side. "Hold on Alex."

Alex groaned but kept the SUV going. Mark looked behind them. "No one is behind us." Alex nodded pulling over. Meredith got out running around the front she opened Alex's door. She helped him scoot over to the passenger side. She climbed in closing the door. She saw blue lights coming up behind them.

"Hang on." Meredith said flooring the accelerator. She pulled back into traffic, little by little the police fell further and further back. Meredith stopped at the hospital. Out of no where, they were hit on the passenger side of the SUV. "SHIT." Meredith cried. She could see the lights from the hospital from where they were. The other driver had his cell phone in hand already.

"I'm not leaving Meredith and Alex!" Mark said getting out. Meredith looked at Mark and nodded slightly. He walked over to her whispering. "Are you sure?"

"Yeah ditch Callie get home. You know what to do." Meredith told giving him a quick hug. "Go before the cops get here." Mark nodded and took off down the side street, Callie trailing behind him. Less than sixty seconds later an ambulance pulled up. Meredith stepped back and let them work. Her eyes constantly scanning the area.

"Mam' we are ready for transport." The paramedic motioned for Meredith to hurry. Meredith nodded climbing into the back of the ambulance with them.