17

Callie wiped her tears and got in her car driving away from the house as Meredith and Alex were pulling up. Meredith pulls off her helmet after she stops the bike. She reaches for her phone and answering.

"Hello. We are at the house. Okay." Meredith hangs up and looks at Alex. "Mark's on his way, something he wants to tell us." Alex shrugs his answer and they walk in the house. Meredith and Alex are sitting in the kitchen when Mark joins them.

"I'm sorry; I should have trusted both of you. I caught Callie trying to open the safe after you left." Mark told them his head down. "I kicked her out and took her key." Meredith jumped up and hugged Mark.

"You okay big brother?" Meredith asked him.

"I will be. Tell me about the job tonight." Mark mumbled before letting go.

As they are packing up the car a few hours later and a car pulls up the drive way as Mark is putting the last bag in the back of the car.

"What do you want?" Mark says.

"Mark, I'm sorry." Callie says looking at him.

"Well sorry doesn't cut it does it." Mark spat out bitterly.

Mark turned from Callie looking straight at Meredith. "You need to leave."

"Mark you guys need my help." Callie protested.

"We don't need your help but my brother." Meredith stopped sighing and looking at Mark. "You have one more chance. If we get caught tonight, if the alarm sounds, if we have a close call you are done." Meredith climbed in the car.

Callie looked at Mark hopefully but he climbed in the backseat with Meredith. She got in the front seat next to Alex just before he pulled out.

Meredith turned to Mark, her voice so low he had to lean closer to her to hear. "You are my big brother, I am doing this for you, but I don't trust her." Mark nodded and leaned back in his seat.