Chapter 1: Dreams (Updated)

Y/n Pov

Being a hero is your ultimate goal, scratch that... Everyone wanted to be a hero! It's the goal of the last couple of generations, and generations to come, but something holds people back from achieving their dreams, upbringing, that is the thing that shoots dreams down faster than Snipe, now... my upbringing wasn't that of 'abusive parents' but of those around me... classmates... the general populous... They saw my quirk as 'villainous' and 'evil'. They let those things define me, not even getting to know me, I kept to myself mostly, but that doesn't stop me, I'm going to show the world that there is no such thing as a 'villainous quirk' and that quirks don't define the person! And to achieve that goal, I must put myself through hardships in order to reach for the stars... UA... best hero school in the country, that's my goal, no matter what people say, I'm gonna reach the top! 

Unfortunately for me, I'm a year away from the entrance exam for UA, and stuck in a classroom with people who don't thing my dream is worth shit, but it's the last day of school for the year, and I'm gonna spend the next year training as hard as I can, for UA!

Teacher: "Mr L/n! Are you listening!?" The teacher called

I snapped out of my thoughts and tuned back in with reality

Y/n: "Sorry Sir! Can you repeat that for me?" I replied with a hint of sarcasm, A few snickers from my classmates wormed their way into my ears

Teacher: "It's fine, just be more aware next time, I was asking you what track you want to go into when you leave" He replied tiredly

Y/n: "Hmmph, It's written on the paper I gave you isn't it? I wanna go into the hero track." I grumbled annoyed. 

The entire class burst into laughter

"You? A hero? Give me a break"

"No hero will accept someone with a quirk like yours"

"Yeah! You'll probably get rejected and become a villain to get revenge!"

It continued on for a while before the teacher finally put a stop to it, it hurt a lot when people call me a villain, but I don't let it get me down, years and years of this sort of thing eventually makes it bearable.

Y/n: 'I don't care what they say, I'm gonna go to UA and become a hero' I think to myself.

School ends and I set off back home, not staying a minute longer with those bullies, I make it to my apartment and call out to anyone home.

I walk over to the kitchen and see a note stuck to the fridge.

Y/n

Hey Darling

Sorry I'm not at home right now, had some work stuff come up and I'm going to be late tonight, I left some chicken out to defrost for you to make dinner for yourself.

Be sure to train hard for the UA entrance exam!

See you when I see you

Love, Mom <3

I sigh and put the chicken in the fridge seeing as it's defrosted enough, some chicken katsu sounds good, I'll make extra for Mom when she gets home, she's the only one who believes in my dream to become a hero, everyone else shuns the idea, but she supports me all the way, I never met my father, but from what my Mom says about him, he sounded great.

I'm broken out of thought when I hear crying from the roof, I move up the stairs and see a green-haired boy crying to himself.

I was intrigued on how he managed to get up, the apartment building stairs are the only way up, and you need to be a resident to use them, I know he isn't a resident because I know all the families that live in this building and he isn't from any of them.

He hasn't noticed that I'm standing behind him, I build up the courage and say something.

Y/n: "Excuse me?" He turns around red eyed, I must've startled them good

???: "O-oh, s-sorry, I Sniff didn't know you were there, do you live in this building?" He wipes his tears and turns to me, he seems to be the same age as me.

Y/n: "Yeah sorry, I was just wondering how you got up here, seeing as this door is the only way, and only residents have keys"

???: "O-oh, it's a l-long story heh heh" he chuckles weakly

Y/n: "Hey... are you ok? Is it something you wanna talk about?" I asked, a little nervous in case he came up here to jump off

???: "It's... um... Can I ask you a question? I know we just met and we don't even know each other's name, but can I?"

Y/n: "Uhh... Hmm. How about a compromise? We tell each other our names, and then you can ask me your question." 

The boy nods

???: "Midoriya Izuku" He smiled

A smirked tried to make itself known on my face, but I quickly shut it down.

Y/n: "My name is Y/n L/n, Well then Midoriya, now that we know each other, tell me your question."

He took a breath in and sighed

Midoriya: "Can anyone become a hero? Even if they're quirkless?"

This took me by surprise, my whole life I've been advocating for people with scary quirks to be heroes but never thought about those unlucky enough to not even get one at all.

Y/n: "What kind of question is that?"

He looked down in sadness.

Y/n: "Of course, they can!"

My answer took him by surprise

Y/n: "There isn't anything in this world that prevents a quirkless person from becoming a hero!"

He gasped as tears began to well up in his eyes, he obviously needed to hear those words

Y/n: "Now let's get down from this roof, You're not allowed to be up here."

He quickly wiped his tears and nodded, walking through the doors I opened.

Y/n: "Hm, you're interesting..." I mumbled to myself, following him and closing the door.

Finally, got a chapter done for this book, I've been preoccupied with school stuff, stopping me from writing, doesn't look like it's changing anytime soon

Stay Groovy!