Chapter 13: Echoes of a Sports Festival

Classes were canceled the next day, but I knew the class didn't rest easy.

I could only imagine what was on the other's minds, after such a traumatic event.

But laying on my bed, staring at the ceiling, left me alone with my own thoughts.

I thought of that monster, the monster that seemingly was the reason for my regenerative abilities.

A brought my arm up to my eyeline, staring at the thin scar that stands as the only proof I undertook damage during the invasion.

Even the burns and scrapes I gained from my battle with Firefly had disappeared, not a single imperfection of the skin.

Yet the wounds I substained from Nomu had a trace left.

I hadn't slept at all since waking up in Recovery Girl's infirmary, the thought of that... thing appearing to me again sent chills down my spine.

Hah! Who would've thought, someone with a quirk based on fear... afraid...

I shook such thoughts out of my head, peering over to my alarm clock and seeing that it was time to get up, we were going back to school today.

Class 1A

The class was more lively that I expected, people spoke to each other with joy.

Some asked my about my lack of wounds after taking such a life-threatening attack from Nomu, but I chalked it up to Recovery Girl's quirk.

Midoriya sat down at his desk beside mine with a look of worry.

Midoriya: "You okay Y/n? You look like you haven't slept in days, your eyes have massive bags under them."

I, now feeling subconscious, rubbed my eyes.

Y/n: "I'm okay, just haven't been able the sleep thanks to that... thing I saw..." I was honest with Midoriya, I knew about OFA, he had the right to know about the thing in my head.

Midoriya nodded with understanding.

Before our conversation could continue, Iida stood at the front of the class, addressing us.

Iida: "Everyone! Morning homeroom is about to start! Get to your seats!"

Sero: "We're already sitting. You're the only one standing." Sero pointed out, sending a dejected Iida back to his desk.

Then, without warning, Aizawa appeared, walking through the classroom doorway wrapped head to toe in bandages.

Aizawa: "Morning."

The class: "You're already back Aizawa Sensei!?!"

Iida: "Glad to see you doing well Sensei!"

Y/n: "Can that be classified as 'doing well'?"

Aizawa stood at his podium.

Aizawa: "My welfare isn't important, because your fight is far from over."