Chapter 14: Obstacle Race (Happy 50k!)

Present Mic: "The UA Sports Festival!! Where the hero world's inchoate little eggs aim for each other's throats and the top! Our grand yearly melee!"

The voice of Present Mic echoed throughout the bustling arena, every seat was filled with onlookers and professional heroes.

Present Mic: "And let me guess, all your miscreants came to see them, right?? The freshly-formed miracle stars that shrugged off a mass villain assault with wills of steel!"

I swallowed deeply and rolled my shoulders back, preparing to step out into the light.

Present Mic: "The Department of Heroics freshman class!"

I pushed all anxieties out of my body and pushed myself forward with my class.

Present Mic: "You're here for Class 1A right!!?"

We walked out of the tunnel into the light and were met with a humongous wave of cheers.

Midoriya: "W-woah, so many people..." Midoriya shook with nervousness.

Y/n: "Can we really draw out our best performances with so many eyes gazing from all directions?"

Kirishima: "Wow, they're really praising us to the sky. I'm getting nervous now! You Bakugo?"

Bakugo: "No way I'm nervous, you're just getting stage fright wuss."

Present Mic announced the arrival of the other classes, B was the other heroics class, C D, and E were from the general studies, and F G, and H were from the support studies.

I felt hundreds of eyes bore into the back of my skull, not only from the audience but the other classes, The statement made by that general studies boy stuck with me.

I need to prove myself worthy of my place in the heroics department, I need to.

A crack of a whip takes me out of my thoughts as we all look to the main stage, where one of the many pro heroes/teachers stood.

Midnight: "Now now, quiet down!"

Tokoyami: "Wait... The '18+' heroine? Is that really appropriate for a school?"

Midnight: "Quiet!" Another crack of the whip silences everyone. "Now! I must call up the class rep!"

Class rep? Did we have one of those? I haven't heard of this and I'm class vice president.

Midnight: "Katsuki Bakugo from Class 1A!"

What? Bakugo?! Who in their right mind would give such a loose cannon an outlet to be... well... himself

Midoriya: "Ehhh!? Our representative is Kacchan!?"

I pinched my nose in frustration.

Y/n: "There is no way this will go over well."

Bakugo made it to the top of the stage and reached the microphone.

Bakugo: "Everybody..."

Silence filled the arena with anticipation, all wondering what he was going to say to the entire country.

Bakugo: "I'm gonna come first place."

My jaw dropped as all the students collectively yelled in an uproar, Bakugo said nothing else as he dragged his thumb across his neck, and got off the stage, not keeping eye contact with anyone.

A lesser mind would've seen this as a simple act of narcissism, but I noticed small details as we walked past, from what Midoriya told me of Bakugo, he would've shouted at the top of his lungs with a grin.