•1•

|ROSE|

"What color you want your nails?", Yami asked in her thick Vietnamese accent, taking me out of my train of thought.

Yami was the only nail tech to do exactly what I asked for and left no room for me to hate anything. And if she couldn't do it, she'd be honest and let me know.

"I don't really know, I'm thinking maybe-", I was stopped mid-sentence by Louis placing his hand on my shoulder.

Looking me in the eyes and then at Yami, he said "She'll get red...".

"Oh will I?", I teased.

"You will." He stated deadpanned.

And that was the end of that conversation.

"Is that what you want?", Yami asked, while giving my hand a quick squeeze.

"Yea, Yami. That's what I want.", I smiled, trying to reassure her.

Louis could be very intimidating but Yami always held her ground when she felt something was off.

She also spoke her mind and stood by it too.

"No you don't, what color youuuu want?" Yami asked, completely ignoring Louis all together.

Glancing at Louis I could feel him staring a hole into the side of my head before I even looked over.

"She'll - ", Louis started but couldn't finish.

"Mm mm, you got to get the hell up out of here!", Yami spoke loud but clearly. "You working the first and last nerve I got with you, Louis!"

Chuckling Louis stood up.

That made my heart race a little bit, "Uh, babe. Why don't you go grab something to eat, I'll call you when my nails are done..." I stated unsurely.

I didn't know if I was asking or demanding.

"Ok, my love." Louis smiled...but it wasn't a happy smile. Louis rarely smiled.

He pulled something out of his pocket and tossed a roll of money onto my lap.

"I'll be outside."

Louis stood 6'3 with tattoos covering his neck and arms.

Tan skin and full lips......you'd think that his white ass was mixed.

Today he wore a suit after just leaving his office for the day to come spend time with me...his rose.

"I'm so sorry, Yami. You know how he gets. Just please quickly do red. I'm on a time limit." I huffed.

I knew for sure he was going to kick me right off the pedestal Yami had placed me on with her "smart mouth", as Louis would call it.

This show happened every time I came to get my nails done after he discovered Yami would have her boyfriend drop us off food.

Yami ran her nail business out of a studio apartment her father pays for.

"I guess but don't let him bring his ass back in here or its gone be a Bay-Yang, a Bay-Yang, oh oh oh ohhhh!" Yami sang from a trending sound on tik tok.

Cracking a smile,I hushed her.

There ain't no telling if Louis actually went to the car or was outside the door listening.

About a hour later Yami had finally finished my nails.

"I don't know how you broke your nails but to me...shit, it looked like you were in a street fight!" Yami stated as I packed my stuff up.