𝐇𝐚𝐫𝐛𝐨𝐫 𝐈𝐬𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐰𝐞 𝐠𝐨 ...

I'm an actress

I'm an actress. I'm a great actress actually. People love me, I've been told. I don't believe it. How could someone love an actress who is playing a part to make someone believe they're in the real world when they're not? My name is Madeline.. Well, my actual name is Margot. Margot Ortiz. Since the age of 5, I've been a part of the Truman Show cast as Truman's best friend, besides Marlon. Or I guess Louis. God, I haven't said his actual name in a while. At this rate I'm beginning to forget my own. I had no choice but to lie to Truman. Can I even really be considered an actress? I don't want to do this one bit. It hurts me so badly to lie to someone about their whole life. There's been times where I've been so close to telling him the truth but I can't. If I do, I will be fired and be long gone from the fake world of Seahaven and then Truman will never know the truth behind it all. Maybe it's better that way. But sometimes I believe that it would be worth it just to tell him everything. One day, one day the truth will be out and all of this will end, I like to think that will happen at least.

I woke up to Truman calling me at 7:30. He wakes up everyday at 7:25 then calls me 5 minutes later.

*Ring, ring, ring*

"Hello?" I answered. I obviously knew who it was. "Good Mooorning Maddie." He responded in his morning voice. God, I loved his morning voice. "Good Mooorning Truman" I sang back "How did you sleep?" He asked "Uhm, I slept good? How about you?" It sounded more like a question. My pull out bed inside my house isn't the best. The pillow is hard as a rock. "I slept alright, and it's that damn pillow isn't it?" He sounded slightly concerned for my 'poor poor neck'. As he calls it.

"Yup. It's the pillow." I wasn't really sure what to say after that. I usually have something comical to say but nothing came out. I heard Christof scoff slightly through the microphone. My thoughts got ahold of me

"Well uh, I got to go get ready for work. I'll talk to you soon"

"Wait Truman, before you go. Do you still draw on the mirror with soap?" I continued the conversation. I already knew the answer to that, I ask him that question every now and again, When I have nothing to say. In reality I really didn't want the conversation to end because right as I get off the phone with him, I will have to get in my dressing room and get ready for a job I don't even really work for.

"You already know the answer." He responded coyly.

"One day Truman, you're going to travel the world, you know that?" I said encouragingly. I heard Christof whisper-yelling at me through the microphone to stop encouraging that behavior but I ignored it.

"Well it's never the right time or place. At this point I don't think it's going to happen.." It was silent for a second.. "Okay Madeline, I've got to get ready for work."

"Okay Truman"

"I'll see you later at work?" He asked hopefully "You know it Truman."

"Alright.." Then the line cut.