safe

As i walk into third period, i pass taehyungs group. I don't notice them at first, until i start hearing whistling in the other direction. Taehyung has a big group of friends but most of them have already graduated. His school friend group included usually consisted of himself and Jmin, but i notice another guy with them today. He must be new. I roll my eyes at the sound off Jmins whistle following the sight of Taehyung hitting him on the shoulder and telling him off. The new boy looks a bit younger than the other two, he's quite cute tho. He reveals a smile followed by a laugh after watching Taehyung get mad at Jmin. And wow, his smile is beautiful. After staring for a second to long i continue to walk into my class.

Jmins whistles don't bother me anymore, he's tried to hit on me since i was 13. It's not completely serious though, he mostly only does it to get a reaction out of Tae.

As i sit in class half asleep, i hear a buzz come from my bag. I lean down and check, it was my mum. My  mum never calls me during school, let alone at all. So it must be important. I excuse my self and ask to go to the bathroom. I answer the call. "Y/n, i need you to come home now, it's important" and the phone hung up before i could even reply. Yet again I'm used to my parents being blunt with me, but i knew something was up.

I head to the school office and explain that I'm feeling really unwell and need to go home. It took a lot of convincing but finally i was given permission to leave. I then proceed to walk back to my house. It wasn't that far of a walk, but I've never walked to or from school without Taehyung.

Something about walking the streets alone without him made me feel uneasy, being around Taehyung always made me feel safe, but I've never realised that until now.  Walking home i got lots of looks, whistles and catcalls. And although i get these every so often, having Tae not there to flip them off, or grab my hand, or just anything to make me feel comfortable in the uncomfortable situations, made me feel so uneasy, so scared.

I text Tae, to let him know I'm walking home alone, incase he's wondering where i am so he knows I'm okay. I open my cream Chanel bag and place my phone in it before shutting it tight and speed walking home.

I walk into the house, and to my surprise both my parents are standing in the living room. They looked happy and excited, that was until i walked into the room. And their faces turned from happy, to sorrowful. "What's going on" i say suspiciously as i place my bag down as i melt on to the comfy black couch. "Honey we have something to tell you, it's good news for us, but not necessarily for you" my dad says as my mum sits next to me placing her hand on my back, rubbing it. This felt so surreal to me. I cant remember the last time my mum touched me like she genuinely loved me. And although i would normally be happy about it, all i could think about is what the bad news was.

My mum turns to me.
"Look, when we moved here, we knew our jobs weren't a permanent offer" she says before dad adds on "meaning at one point we were going to be able to go back home to Australia, and have an even better job back there"
"what?" I gulp continuing to listen
"The contract was that we worked here in Korea for 13 years, before we could move back home and be offered an even better, higher paying job there"
Tears fill my eyes, "What is that supposed to mean?"

Mum pulls me in.
"It means that we can move home now. And we are. In a week"
"A week?!" "Moving... To Australia" "NO" i cant seem to get my thoughts out as i cant even comprehend what's going on right now. This can't be happening. My mum pulls me into her chest, rubbing my back as i sob. I stop for a second and push her off.

"No, get off of me! What makes you think you can not only ruin my life but tell me a WEEK in advanced, and that you can just cuddle me as if you haven't done anything wrong!" I yell, although it's not completely clear what I'm saying as i cant get a full sentence out straight from crying so hard. I look at mum. "I HATE YOU" i turn my head to dad "AND YOU TOO" i stand up hitting his chest "i hate you, i hate you, i hate you" i cant see straight from the tears flooding my eyes. I cant think straight, all the emotion is overflowing to the point i cant even hear my own thoughts.

I'm so confused, upset, disappointed. I grab my bag and run up stairs.
I run into my room, slamming the door behind me hard. I lock my door, as i slide down it before hitting the ground. I bring my knees into my chest as i rest as i hide my face into them. I cry for what feels like hours. "No, no, no, please no" i repeat to myself "please" i whisper. I've cried to the point where i have no tears left. It's just me, sitting on my bedroom floor looking around at my room.
I don't want to leave. This place was my home. I'm meant to live in Korea, not Australia. What about my school, my friends, Taehyung... Taehyung!

I hear a tap at my window. He's standing on my roof. What in the world? It was only 1:30pm, what was he doing home, on my roof? He looks puffed, his top is half fallen off with buttons undone, his hair is everywhere and he's dripping in sweat. "Taehyung?" I say with my voice still unsteady from crying. I open my window.

"Y/N are you okay?!" "I'm so sorry, are you okay" he repeats, sounding genuinely concerned. "I just saw your text message, what were you thinking walking alone, are you crazy?!" he says placing his hands on my shoulders, as he calms down and notices i have been crying. He tilts his head "y/n what happened, did someone hurt you? Did someone touch you y/n" he says louder as his hands search my body as if looking for an injury. "I swear to god.." he says tensing up, before i interrupt him.

"Tae, calm down it's okay, I'm okay" i say looking up at him with a slight smile. "Then why are you crying y/n?" His caring brown eyes widen looking right into mine. I look down, breaking eye contact. "It's nothing." I mumble. "Hey... look at me y/n" his deeps voice whispers, while gently placing his hand on my face, moving it up to face him. That's what i admired about Tae. He always made me feel safe, he was always comforting me and could always find a way to make me happy no matter the situation.

I smile at him trying to hold in my tears, before i can't help it anymore. "It's just my parents, you know what they are like. I hate them Tae." I couldn't tell him the truth. Not yet at-least. Tae wipes a tear from my cheek and pulls me into his chest. We stand in silence as i just sob into his warm chest, and he rubs my back and plays with my hair.

We stand like that for a while before i stop crying and look up at him. "Thankyou" i look up and he's looking down at my with a caring smile across his face. "I have an idea" he says excitedly "What?!" I reply jumping up and down, and he laughs without taking his eyes off me. Those damn eyes. "It's a surprise" he whispers in my ear. "Come on" i grab onto his big arm and we walk out, hoping into his car as he starts driving...

okay guys i think this is my fav chapter so far. AND BE PATIENT we are getting into the good stuff VERY soon i promise!!!! And in honour of Jmin and Jungkook being welcomed into the story....

our boys 💜💜

our boys 💜💜