sixteen

"I'm screwed," Levi moaned into his palms as he sat in between Ace and the glob that was Kyle and Cora making out on Ace's living room couch.

"Or if you just choose a girl already, you could be screwed," Ace insinuated with a loud raucous laugh.

Cora's eyes nearly popped right out of her head as she pried Kyle off of him and flicked Ace off.

"But seriously though, Lee," Cora added with her hand shoving Kyle's face away, "you have twenty minutes. Make up your mind."

With absolutely no idea of what to in his mind, Levi walked out the door and pulled out of Ace's two story house.

He drove aimlessly, which only succeeded in the killing of five minutes until he stopped at a billboard.

On it, sat a baby on a high chair, reaching its small pudgy hands out to its mother with the caption, "Thanks mom, I know you'll always be there." With that, Levi's flaky mind clicked on Isabella's contact.

"Hey," she greeted, voice fruity as ever. "Where are you? Not bailing on me, are you?"

She asked this with another fruity laugh, as though it was ridiculous to even think Levi was capable of doing that, and in his more confident state, he answered, "I actually am. Sorry, Isabella. I kind of double booked."

"Oh." Her voice came out deflated and a bit mangled. "Tomorrow?" she asked, with a bit of hopefulness at the end.

With a quick, "sure," Levi sped down the highway and met Georgia outside an ice skating rink.

There was no comment on Levi being nearly ten minutes late, no frown or pout, just the usual stable Georgia genuine smile.

He paid for the skates, as he promised his mother he would, and guided her out onto the rink, which was a huge mistake for uncoordinated Levi Schultz.

As soon as his left foot touched the clean ice, he slipped and fell flat on his behind.

"I might've thought this looked a lot easier on TV," he admitted as Georgia spun around in circles.

She laughed lightly, a pink tinge appearing on her cheeks. "Here," she said, offering her left hand.

He awkwardly took her hand as she guided him around the rink.

Towards the end, he nearly fell over, again, but Georgia caught him and he felt safe. For once in this whole ordeal that was Georgia and Isabella, he felt like he made the right choice, that maybe it was time to stay on dry land for a while.