Ch 1: A New Kind of Super

Prologue

No POV:

Sounds of explosions surrounded the house, a man and woman ran as they rushed to a strange pod. A child running behind them as they escaped, picking up the little girl they placed and secured her in the strange pod.

"Je.ju? U.kɹ̩?" A language unknown but to those of this planet.

"ʧɛ nim vo͡ɪ." The mother spoke to her daughter.

With a final kiss to the child's head they locked her inside, the screams and cries of the child as they sent her away were too much to bear. Anything would be better than the daughter suffering on this dying planet.

Flying out into space scared her, her planet, her home, all of it gone as the explosions took the entire planet. Tears fell as the girl watched her planet explode in front of her. The Shockwave knocks the pod off course to find a new home, spinning out of control and landing in a strange area of space.

Years passed as she stayed inside, nothing but the darkness of space to keep her company. The memories of her mother and father give her sanity in the desolate space. A flying asteroid knocked the pod from its stagnant area.

Out of the strange zone the pod flies freely towards a planet. Crashing into the outskirts, a place with no real city for miles laid before the little girl. Pounding against the glass to try and escape the death trap. A loud noise and rays of sunshine overpowered the girls senses as she came too.

"Are you alright?" A strange language came from a blinding man.

Lifting her hand to block the beautiful sun she found a man in red and blue, the crest of her house on his chest.

___________________

Kara POV:

I'm confused, I'm unsure, and I hate it here already. I miss my mother, my father, and my home. The man touched down on the ground in front of a small house, knocking on the door he waited as for a middle aged lady opened the door.

They spoke to one another, I wasn't sure what they were saying but it seemed to be a lot. A moment later everything became too much, I could hear everything, I could smell everything, see everything.

What's happening to me?

Clutching my ears and closing my eyes I let out a scream of pain. I fell to my knees in agony, the man from before coming up and holding me tight. My breathing quickened as I heard people talking, babies crying, cries of help, loud machines moving, even vehicles moving along.

What is this place?

_____________________

2 years past with me being on this strange planet, I learned quickly how to speak their language. I had also learned 5 others because it was so fascinating, their science was very far behind though. 

I lived with a family called the Danvers, they were kind and caring but I knew I was a burden. The father of the house was taken away to keep me safe, in doing so it made Alex mad and spiteful towards me.

Choosing to ignore it I continued to live my new life on this planet. I have vivid nightmares of the incident, of being stuck in the Phantom Zone for so long. Years of my life wasted because of that horrid place. I didn't belong here, I would never belong here.

I'm not human, I'm not even correctly a girl on their planet. They were so behind in social, economic, and community standards that it made it hard to be at least a fraction of my true self. Being super powered didn't help either.