Ch 5: Anger

Kara POV:

I woke early, the sun streaming in from the curtains, my body no longer hurting. Taking in my surroundings I found myself in a room that wasn't mine. Using x-ray through the walls I found Lena working at a desk.

I could see I was still in my suit, getting out of bed I quickly and quietly zoomed into the room Lena was in. I could see her intensely focused on whatever she's working on. Clearing my throat brought her out of her work, she quickly turned and stood up.

The air was awkward and tense, neither of us sure what to do. Sucking it up I decided to speak first so as to not put that on her.

"I'm sorry for barging in last night, I even kicked you out of your bed." I rubbed my neck out of nervousness.

"I-it's fine, really. I'm just glad that you're okay." She fiddled with her hands as she spoke, clearly nervous.

"I should go." I went to turn.

"NO!" Her hand on my arm stopped me. Lifting a brow at her she let go and straightened herself.

"What I mean is, you don't have to, I don't want you too. I have so many questions." She motioned for her living room, nodding as I followed.

"So…" I sat on one end of the couch.

"I have many questions already." She averted her eyes every so often.

"Ask away. I'm all yours." I gave a smile to hopefully calm her nerves.

"When did you arrive on earth?" She grabbed a notepad from her coffee table.

"I was born in 1966 but I didn't arrive on earth till 2003." I leaned forward to answer.

"1966!? You don't look a day over 20?" She stared at me intensely.

"I age slowly due to the yellow sun, besides that, I was stuck in the phantom zone as I was traveling here." I rubbed my neck, still uncomfortable with the memory of that place.

"Oh, I'm sorry. You don't have to answer these if you don't want Supergirl." She told me, eyes still averted.

"I don't mind and please, just Kara is fine." I waved her off.

"You're related to Superman? It's obvious but always proper to ask." She wrote down stuff on her pad.

"Yes, he's my baby cousin." I grunted, also still not fond of the man.

"Baby? He's been here longer though?" She furrowed her brow and stopped writing for a moment.

"Technically I'm 56, in earth years." I chuckled.

"Wow. Okay. How about Krypton? You seem far smarter than any human, is technology advanced?" She kept her nose buried in her notes.

"Yes, very. Most modern advanced science you have is taught to elementary kids." I tell her.

"What made you become Supergirl?" She wrote fast, faster than I thought a human could.

"Look at me when you talk." I spoke, missing the bright green eyes.

Her head snapped up and our eyes met, a look I've seen briefly before quickly appearing and leaving in a moment flat. She adjusted and fiddled with her pen, this time focusing her gaze on me.

"Now, say your question again." I smirked.

"Right! What made you want to become Supergirl?" She asked again, her eyes trained on me.