𝟎𝟐 | 𝐨'𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞

»»————- CHAPTER 02 ————-««
SUMMER OF 1986

»»————- CHAPTER 02 ————-««SUMMER OF 1986

»»————-———————-————-««

     BILL STARED AT THE GIRL FOR A LONG MOMENT BEFORE HE STOOD. "W-w-who a-are you?" The girl stared back with a blank look. "A-a-are you lost?" 

      The girl only blinked. 

       "C-c-can you speak?" 

      Again the girl didn't move. 

      "I-it's raining. Are y-you cold?" This time the girl did move. She answered his question of being cold with a curt nod. 

     "Cold." The girl repeated in a hoarse voice. "Hungry." She then added and Bill nodded. He looked down, thinking hard about his next move. He could take this girl home, she didn't seem to have anywhere to go, she was like a runaway. She didn't seem dangerous, in fact, she almost came off more as a lost kitten. 

     "Y-yeah. Okay. You c-can come back w-with me and w-we can get you warmed up a-and s-some food in ya." Bill offered and the girl hesitated a moment before she rubbed the water off her face with her forearm and nodded. 

     "Yes." She stiffed as she spoke. She didn't look like she'd been well taken are of at all. 

     Bill nodded before picking up his bike and put it up right. He got on the bike before turning to the girl and patted the seat on the back of his bike. The girl in the hospital gown hesitated and gave him a bewildered look. 

     "Y-you have to sit on the b-b-bike so we get ride back." Bill says and the girls eyes widen before she nodded and slowly got on the back of the bike. Bill waited a moment before pushing the bike forward and the girl panicked and clutched to his raincoat. It took a moment to balance before the two got going back to Bill's. 

𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐒𝐤𝐢𝐩-

     Bill brought the girl to his room and cleared off his desk. He took two bed sheets and laid them over half of each side of the desk before putting weight on the top of the desk to stop the blankets from falling off. He put is father's camping lamp in the back corner and lined the bottom of under the desk with fluffy blankets and pillows. 

     He then went to the kitchen and grabbed a cheese stick and an apple before he rushed back to his room. 

     "H-hello?" Bill asked as he pushed the door open to see the runaway girl staring at the family photos that sat on his nightstand. She was wrapped in a towel he had given her but she hadn't bothered to do much else as she stared at the photos. She turned around upon hearing him enter blinked twice and then looked back at the photos. "W-w-what are you looking at?" Bill asked as he reached the nightstand and glanced at the family photo with Bill and his brother Georgie.