𝟎𝟑 | 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐬

»»————- CHAPTER 03 ————-««
SUMMER OF 1986

»»————- CHAPTER 03 ————-««SUMMER OF 1986

»»————-———————-————-««

     TWELVE WOKE UP THE THE SOUND OF BOOKS BEING DROPPED on the floor as Bill ran around his room, packing is school bag for the last day of school before summer break. She sat up and blinked, not remembering where she was for a moment before she remembered the events of the night prior. 

      "Bill?" She asked timidly as she crawled out from under the desk and looked up at him. 

       "S-sorry. Did I w-wake you?" He asked, he sounded tired, his hair was messy and there were bags under his eyes. Twelve nodded before shrugging. 

      "It okay." She replies. "What doing?" She asked, pointing at his backpack. 

       "I have to go t-to school b-but I'll be back later." Bill says as he zips up with backpack. "Just st-tay in my room and no one will see you. W-when I get home, we can t-take you to-to the front door and my mom will know wh-what to do with you." Twelve stared a moment before narrowing her eyes. 

         "No." She replied, slightly glaring. 

        "No? Wh-why not?" 

        "No- adults." Twelve says as she frowns. 

       "But my mom's-" 

        "No. Adults." Twelve repeats, her voice is strong and angry now. Bill stands there, taken aback and unsure what to do. He hadn't planned to tell his friends about Viv, but, if she wasn't gonna trust adults, maybe other kids would be better. Bill huffs and nods. 

     "O-okay. No adults." He says, trying to give a reassuring smile as he turns away to put on his backpack. 

      "Promise?" Twelve asked and Bill stood up straight again and turned back to Twelve. 

      "Promise." Bill nods and Twelve takes a breath before nodding. 

       "J-just stay here, in my room, o-okay? I'll h-have to close the d-door though." Bill says cautiously. Twelve freezes a moment, her eyes narrowed and then un-narrowed again. 

        "Okay." She says simply, hiding her unease. 

      "Good. I gotta go." He says as he walked to the door of his room. "Bye Twelve." 

      "Bye Bill." With that he closed the door and left the h/c-ed girl in silence.