The Triwizard Tournament

When we arrived at school, something was definitely different. The chatter filled the air curiously about what was to be taking place this year at the school. Parents had said somethings to their children, that something great was to be taking place, or when we gathered our school supplies, like needing dress robes and things like that. We knew something was going to happen. All I knew was that I was excited for another year at Hogwarts.

As we filled the halls heading to the Great Hall, students fled outside and we followed. A Great Carriage as big as a house was flying through the air, being pulled by winged horses.

    "Whoa!" We all shouted.

Hagrid stood down on the grounds with some paddles, trying to direct the horse to land safely.

    "Clear the runway!" Hagrid shouted. He turned back at the horses and they were much closer then before. Hagrid moved left and right, wanting to redirect them, but they were too close. "Whoa!" He shouted as he dove away from the horses.

    "Well, there's something you don't see everyday." Fred chuckled from beside me.

    "Look, look! Out in the water!" A boy shouted.

We all ran and looked out to the black lake. Sail's started to rise out from the sea, then a person in the seaman's lookout, and underneath that a giant ship rose from out of the water. Their sails dropped and the boat move to shore. Professor McGonagall come out and ushered students inside. We watched the sorting hat ceremony and then Dumbledore climbed up to the podium.

    "Well, now we're all settled in and sorted, I'd like to make an announcement." Dumbledore said. The Great Hall door's creaked open and Mr. Filch came running in, high kneeing his way to the front. We all chuckled lightly. "This castle will not only be your home this year, but home to some very special guests as well. You see, Hogwarts has been chosen..."

Mr. Filch breathed heavily and had a quick hushed conversation with Professor Dumbledore. As they finished he ran back down the aisle and out the doors. Hermione and I snickered quietly to each other and went back to watching the Headmaster.

    "So... Hogwarts has been chosen to host a legendary event: The Triwizard Tournament." Students began to murmured excitedly around us. Hermione and I frowned as we looked at each other. "Now, for those of you who do not know, the Triwizard Tournament brings together three schools for series of Magical Contests. From each school, a single student is selected to compete, now let me be clear. If chosen, you stand alone." Dumbledore explained grimly. "And trust me when I say, these contests are not for the faint-hearted. But more of that later. For now, please join me in welcoming the lovey ladies of the Beauxbatons Academy of Magic! And their Headmistress, Madame Maxime."

All of our heads turned as the Great Hall doors opened again. A group of all girl's, wearing blue silk robes came strutting into the room, up the center aisle. They were considered Veela's, making men drool for them at their beauty. They stopped and sighed and waved their hands at the Ravenclaw Table. The stopped again, just in front of Harry and Ron's side of the Gryffindor table. They ran up the aisle shaking their behinds and almost every boy was watching.

    "Bloody hell." Ron said as he blatantly stared.

I grumbled, feeling the jealousy cross through me, from across the table from him. Hermione pat my leg, under the table sympathetically.

They all sighed again and butterflies and birds, all the shade of blue came magically released from them and they trotted forward.

    "Blimey." Seamus tapped Ron's arm as the Headmistress walked in, with what appeared to be her start student and a younger girl. "That's one big woman."