The Unexpected Partner

We sat at breakfast in the Great Hall nearly a week after the First Task. Things seemed to be almost normal again. We were friends with Ron and Hermione. Everything was great within Gryffindor house. Ravenclaw was more civil than they were, Hufflepuff was still a bit edgy, but they have Cedric as a champion so it makes sense. And Slytherin's were still mostly rude and obnoxious towards us. So, all was right in the world, really.

Hermione had come in this morning and handed me a Daily Prophet, exactly what I'd been dreading. Front page cover was all about the love circles within the championship. I was reading the article annoyed while the others ate. Pavarti Patil, another Gryffindor, with her twin sister, Padma Patil, Ravenclaw, walked by with linked arms.

"Hello, Harry." They giggled together as they went by.

Harry had been getting a lot more attention from some of the school girls since the tournament. But he only had his eye's set on one. He turned with drinking his morning pumpkin juice, gazing across the tables at Cho Chang. One of her friends noticed and whispered to her.

"Cho, Harry's looking at you." She giggled.

Cho turned and smiled brightly at Harry. Harry moved to smile back, letting loose the sip of juice he'd just taken. It spilled from his mouth down onto his pants, making the other girls giggle and laugh at him. But, Cho, shushed her friends and gave him a reassuring smile.

"Seriously! This is outrageous!" I huffed seriously annoyed. "She's done it again." I complained.

"Done what?" Ron asked with his mouth full.

"Did you read the last article she wrote about me? Apparently she's someone getting around the school. Because you so much as look at someone the wrong way and Rita Skeeter thinks it's love." I mocked her name and looked down at the article. "Miss Olivia Potter, Triwizard Champion, nearly escaped the first task. But don't think that's got her down. A looker she is, catching the eyes of a few people within the school yard. But she seems to have her sites set on two, famous and popular wizards. She was seen cozying it up with the Bulgarian Bon Bon, Viktor Krum just before she set foot onto the area a for the first task. But does Viktor know about Malfoy? Moments before she was scene leaving the forest with him. There's no word yet on how Viktor will take this latest blow." I scoffed.

"You were with Malfoy?" Hermione asked curiously. Harry and Ron both perked up and glared at me intensely with curiosity.

"It wasn't like that." I shook my head. "He told me not to die, because he didn't want to get stuck with my half of the work load. That's all." I assured them. It wasn't a total lie, it had been said. But I wasn't ready to tell them about our new found friendship, on top of the fact that it was a stated agreement between Draco and I not to mention it.

"I'd like to know how she keeps getting all this personal information." Hermione scoffed.

"You're telling me." I agreed.

"Parcel for you, Mr. Weasley." A young boy, first year Gryffindor, named Nigel walked over and handed Ron a big parcel. We all stared at them, specially as Nigel, stood and stared at Harry and I.

"Ah, thank you, Nigel." Ron grinned. "Not now, Nigel. Later." Ron whispered as he pushed the boy away from us.

"What was that about?" I asked.

"I-I told him I'd get him, your's and Harry autograph." Ron explained and we sighed. "Oh, look, Mum's sent me something."

Ron opened up the parcel and took out a set of dress robes, only his literally looked like a man's dress. They were a maroon color, with frilly old lace on the end. Ron looked shocked and held it up to himself as he stood. The entire Gryffindor table burst with laughter.